Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BotFest pilot (29th July 2018)

Team Kaizen

From the robotwars101.org forum

After running a social on Merseyside a few months ago, myself and a friend have decided to start running a series of events, starting with the Ants and then hopefully including the Beetles later on (time/space/money permitting). To work out the format of how we would like to run this (and, of course, to have a competition as well at the same time ), we are running a pilot of this.

Signup closes on the 3rd of June at 23:59 with the event taking place on the 29th of Juiy 2018 from 2 - 8pm. The venue is the following:

St. Lukes Church
    Poulton
    Wallasey
    CH44 3BD

The church is easily accessible via the M53, by train there is a walk of about 10-15 minutes and there are also local bus routes as well.

Signup form: http://teamkaizen.ocracoke.org.uk/botfest.php

We'll be following a slightly modified set of AWS rules, the variations include but are not limited to:

• Weight variance is 5% but we do expect roboteers to adhere to the 150g rule where possible.
    • A team may enter up to a maximum of 3 robots of either a Roller or a Walker type.
    • A maximum of three team members is permitted.

Hope to see you there!

NOTE: This carries on from the Merseyside/Cheshire/North Wales social thread. If you have already signed all of your robots up, you do not need to sign that robot up again but if you have another entry you like to enter and haven't signed up with, then you do need register it.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 22nd May 2018 at 15:02.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Redirect Left
    Got myself signed up, so hopefully I'll be out there!

Team Kaizen

Awesome, glad to hear!

I've extended the signup date to the 30th of June to allow for any late entries so if anyone has not signed up yet, there is plenty of time to do so.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 31st May 2018 at 02:42.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

I've hit a slight snag. My battery was meant to arrive yesterday and still hasn't come. Now it's a very quick job to hook it all up (there's space and mounting holes for it already, 15 minute job at the very most). Buuut just in case it doesn't arrive by tomorrow (which will leave me with a battery that makes me 90 grams overweight) does anyone have a spare they'll be willing to lend/sell me?

Many thanks.

Theo, what you need? I have a 2s lipo for each bot (my third went up in smoke) I can let you use the one from the bot that isn't fighting if that helps any? I know it isn't ideal, but at 350mah they last very well anyway, just need to make sure it's within your fuse limits.

Redirect Left
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    I've hit a slight snag. My battery was meant to arrive yesterday and still hasn't come. Now it's a very quick job to hook it all up (there's space and mounting holes for it already, 15 minute job at the very most). Buuut just in case it doesn't arrive by tomorrow (which will leave me with a battery that makes me 90 grams overweight) does anyone have a spare they'll be willing to lend/sell me?

Many thanks.
    As discussed on Discord. I'll bring my set of spares, then if you have none, they'll still be 3 batteries between us, two spares plus the one in 'Send Help!'. With a charger, i think we'll be fine with 3 between us.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
    just need to make sure it's within your fuse limits.
    are fuses required in antweights / this competition? I didn't find anything about it in the AWS rules, or the amended set BotFest sent out - so i didn't add one to mine
    Last edited by Redirect Left; 28th July 2018 at 16:53.

I only have a fuse because it's LiPo, I thought it was a standard ruling across all classes? It helps that it's also my removable link.

I have a charger in my box too, I'm sure between us we can sort something out.

Redirect Left
    Quote Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
    I only have a fuse because it's LiPo, I thought it was a standard ruling across all classes? It helps that it's also my removable link.
    There was no fuse and a LiPo when i bought this AW, so i assumed it was fine due to not finding anything in the antweight world series rulebook.
    I use a literal switch as the on/off.

Maybe I've misunderstood something then, either way, I got a fuse in mine, I suppose it can't hurt. Better safe than sorry.

I tried an on/off slide switch and the only one I had was too big, took up way too much room inside.

Antweights and below tend to follow the RW101 rules rather than FRA rules.

According to the FRA rules you do need a fuse, and as you say - it doesnt really hurt. Issue with using a link in Ants personally is they are incredibly fiddly. Again, doesnt hurt - but the rulesets run at AWS ect arnt as restrictive.

Register To Comment