Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BotFest pilot (29th July 2018)

Redirect Left
    I'd have to second the event location, was certainly ideal and easy to get to, even for me coming from Yorkshire! Certainly be nice if we ended up back there.
    Last edited by Redirect Left; 30th July 2018 at 18:57.

I second this - It was a lovely and large venue which was so easy to access. The M53 was completely deserted (but £2.99 for a Pepsi Max at the service station, are you taking the piss?). It was a great atmosphere and perfect for an audience next time, if you think it's at that stage

Team Kaizen

Well it took a bit longer than I thought it would take (real life has a habit of getting in the way) but here are the videos from the pilot. Again, massive thank you to everyone that took part! There isn't anything definitive yet but we may run another BotFest event again at around the end of November time, keep an eye out for that.

Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Triceratop
    Hi Michael,
    Will the second event include beetle weights (maybe non spinners)?

Team Kaizen

Hi Cliff,

It is unlikely I am afriad as I don't have anywhere to build or store a BW arena at the moment so the next event will more than likely be a AW only event again (subject to change of course). I suspect I will have somwhere for next year.

Could we bring bigger ones along to display again? Or would you rather maximise pit space? I may have a passable beetle finished by then you see...

And anyway, have watched footage through, it's brilliant! Thanks again for a good event and a good video, put me down for the next one too!

Actually I can bring along my complete middleweight if there's an audience, something on display for them to oogle at

Team Kaizen

Heavier weight robots are permitted for static display in the same manner as last time in so much as cradles/sharps protection would be mandatory. Beetleweights... I need to test running Shu! in it but in theory, I'd be OK with demonstrations of non-spinner robots within the AW arena as is. The issue is that with the roof on, the arena is 30cm tall.

good grief - my driving is terrible!

Looking forward to the next one. I'll try and practise in the meantime.

Looks great. Definitely want to attend the next one.i have a working beetle untested in battle and 80% of an ant. Which I could got working if I had a goal.

Register To Comment