Name
    Adam
    Finally managed to get my drills apart to see the motors lol

Drill 1.jpg

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Adam
    Due to car buying and house renovations this has been on hold but due to the FeatherTwo ESC's popping back into stock I finally have all the parts I need to get started, this is my basic parts layout, motors will be at the top back corners, will draw these in later

base.jpg

Also got the drill motors out and in the mounts (big thanks to Roboteernat for these, made things so much easier)

MOTOR.jpg

Im planning to use both batteries as ive shown above, or do people recommend just using one? Looking for a wiring diagram to work from and they all seem to show one battery used.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    James Williams
    Robots
    Neophyte (FW) Meteorite (FW)
    Are you planning to use the drill batteries? Neophyte runs on only one drill battery but it is rather slow. To be honest most people would recommend running 1 lipo compared to 2 drill batteries, as the lipo would weigh less than both combined & potentially kick out more power depending on your choice (you would need a fuse for that though). If you do run two batteries I recommend wiring them in parallel.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Adam
    My original plan was to use both drill motors but if you think buying a LiPo would be better I will do that, what would be a good one?

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    James Williams
    Robots
    Neophyte (FW) Meteorite (FW)
    Have a look at this as a starting point: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...html?wrh_pdp=1
    It's a 14.8v which is similar to your drill motors & should be OK for the actuator too. You probably could get away with a higher rated (5S) lipo too. Keep in mind that this particular model uses a XT60 connector so you will need to pick up a XT60 connector so you can plug it into the robot. You will also need a proper lipo charger.

There's a couple of threads on here about starting off with lipo's. I'd strongly recommend reading those first before committing to anything.

Register To Comment