Register To Comment
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Haynes Manual Build a Robot

Hi

Sorry if I wasnt clear in my post but the FeatherTwo has been spot on for me which is why I am after another!

During the second fight the ESC was not properly housed and basically was flapping around inside Madusa (I forgot to the shock absorbing paint roller in which should have housed the ESC and Lemon RX). Madusa took some huge hits and got flipped so high up we needed a telescope to see its descent (as can be seen on the fight video!!) My guess is that something has just come loose.

Congrats on the job - I hope it is doing something you enjoy!

Cheers

Jon

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    James Williams
    Robots
    Neophyte (FW)
    Sorry Rory. That's supposed to say Sabretooth's.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidrory View Post
    Hi all,

The issue with the FeatherTwo stock is entirely down to me struggling to find time to make them now I'm employed full time. I'm working on a new batch atm but progress is slow.
    Im going to push ahead with my prototype and get it built and all the pieces laid out and ready and hopefully you will have had time to get some of these made by then

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Adam
    unnamed[1].jpg

Finally started drawing out a rough design that will be cut from 10mm plywood (guy at my work can do it quick and free)

All I need is the ESC and then can get this running, sizes set so far at 500mm wide, 300mm base, 200mm top with the wedge joining and the sides and bulkheads are 10mm thick same as all pieces.

Wheels will run on the outside at the back and thinking ball castors at the front corners maybe

Motors will be cut out of the drills and mounted above the batteries, all seems to fit size wise so fingers crossed

Team Kaizen

Status
    Name
    Michael
    Robots
    AW: Osu, Ikari, Ramu / BW: Shu! / FW: The Honey Badger / MW: Kaizen (Building)
    Looks good - ball castors work fine through I find that they do wear pretty quickly when being tested on a road/pavement. Keep a spare about for when you are in the arena.
    Team Kaizen

AW: Osu, Ikari, Ramu
    BW: Shu! (Build Thread)
    FW: The Honey Badger (Build Thread)
    MW: Kaizen (Build Thread)

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Adam
    Saw this one linked on the Speed Controller thread on here

https://www.robotshop.com/uk/scorpio...or-driver.html

Seems quite pricey but a better buy than a Sabertooth?

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Theo
    Robots
    Oberon - FW, Titania - AW, Voodoo - MW (under construction), Project 2 - MW (under construction)
    It all depends, my Sabretooth has been fine, no issues. And it's a good few years old now. However they're usually great... until they die suddenly. Scorpions will probably last longer, but it's pot luck with a Sabretooth.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Adam

Team Kaizen

Status
    Name
    Michael
    Robots
    AW: Osu, Ikari, Ramu / BW: Shu! / FW: The Honey Badger / MW: Kaizen (Building)
    No, that particular controller will run both motors from the same channel, so you'd only go forwards and backwards. You'd need two and a mixer somewhere to allow the robot to turn, which I think Luna-Tic does use.
    Team Kaizen

AW: Osu, Ikari, Ramu
    BW: Shu! (Build Thread)
    FW: The Honey Badger (Build Thread)
    MW: Kaizen (Build Thread)

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    No, that particular controller will run both motors from the same channel, so you'd only go forwards and backwards. You'd need two and a mixer somewhere to allow the robot to turn, which I think Luna-Tic does use.
    Ohhh ok i get you, just trying to find something relatively cheap for my first attempt in case i blow it up lol

Register To Comment