Register To Comment
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Haynes Manual Build a Robot

Team Kaizen

Right, I assume then they mean something like this (http://www.forge-electronics.co.uk/i...l-10a-rc-relay) but without knowing the context (or the wiring diagram), I wouldn't like to commit to anything.

I've used a single variant of this before on early versions of The Honey Badger 1.0 to power the flail motor but the ones I was using had a horrible habit of sticking open - probably too high a amperage for the switch.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    Right, I assume then they mean something like this (http://www.forge-electronics.co.uk/i...l-10a-rc-relay) but without knowing the context (or the wiring diagram), I wouldn't like to commit to anything.

I've used a single variant of this before on early versions of The Honey Badger 1.0 to power the flail motor but the ones I was using had a horrible habit of sticking open - probably too high a amperage for the switch.
    No worries thanks for the info, will check the wiring diagram later

PS what site do people use to upload images? Tried to use my old photobukcet account but didnt work

Quote Originally Posted by AdamST180 View Post
    No worries thanks for the info, will check the wiring diagram later

PS what site do people use to upload images? Tried to use my old photobukcet account but didnt work

i use the inbuilt one myself, but imgur is a possibility

Team Kaizen

You can upload them directly here. Clicking on the add a image button (third from the right when quick replying) and then select the "From Computer" option. Make sure the image isn't too big though (I tend to resize mine to 900x675).

A dual RC relay is a device with two outputs that connects to a single channel.

When the transmitter stick is dead center, neither relay is active.

Moving up activates one, moving down activates the other.

My old supply for these is discontinued, so youd have to ask Team Nuts if they can make you one as i dont know any other source ive personally tested.

unnamed.jpg

First few pieces of wooden prototype being cut today
    Attached Images Attached Images

https://www.robotshop.com/uk/saberto...or-driver.html

Are the sabertooth controllers really that bad? As with the FeatherTwo out of stock not sure what other ESC to go for so a bit stuck for now.

Team Kaizen

Sabretooths are mixed bag. I use one in my Beetleweight and it works fine but that is the 2x5A version. I don't know about the rest. They are also reasonably expensive for what they are.

Does your transmitter support elevon mixing? If it does, my vote would be to get a pair of single channel controllers and let the transmitter do the mixing that activates both channels with one control.

Register To Comment