Register To Comment
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Haynes Manual Build a Robot

unnamed[1].jpg

Finally started drawing out a rough design that will be cut from 10mm plywood (guy at my work can do it quick and free)

All I need is the ESC and then can get this running, sizes set so far at 500mm wide, 300mm base, 200mm top with the wedge joining and the sides and bulkheads are 10mm thick same as all pieces.

Wheels will run on the outside at the back and thinking ball castors at the front corners maybe

Motors will be cut out of the drills and mounted above the batteries, all seems to fit size wise so fingers crossed

Team Kaizen

Looks good - ball castors work fine through I find that they do wear pretty quickly when being tested on a road/pavement. Keep a spare about for when you are in the arena.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

It all depends, my Sabretooth has been fine, no issues. And it's a good few years old now. However they're usually great... until they die suddenly. Scorpions will probably last longer, but it's pot luck with a Sabretooth.

Team Kaizen

No, that particular controller will run both motors from the same channel, so you'd only go forwards and backwards. You'd need two and a mixer somewhere to allow the robot to turn, which I think Luna-Tic does use.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Register To Comment