Register To Comment
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Deathly Hallows - FW - Alligrater

Team Kaizen

I did something similar with The Honey Badger 2.2 where there was a sheet of Aluminium over a layer of HDPE. Had I bolted it down properly, it would probably still be with me but it seemed to hold up quite nicely against non-spinners.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    I did something similar with The Honey Badger 2.2 where there was a sheet of Aluminium over a layer of HDPE. Had I bolted it down properly, it would probably still be with me but it seemed to hold up quite nicely against non-spinners.
    Thanks may give this a go. Will have to think about best way to fix them.

Having a bit of bother with the servo controlled linear - I took this from the Barróg thread

[QUOTE=RogueTwoRobots;468452]On point number 2, the easiest way would just be to use a servo to turn on a couple of microswitches, one for each direction. It allows you to control forward and back from one radio channel and the stock actuator motor will have a low enough current draw to not require any additional relays etc. Here's a setup in its simplest form; I usually tend to just hot glue the switches onto the sides of the servo and wrap a cable tie around them, but you may prefer a more robust/maintainable/aesthetically pleasing alternative

Attachment 6852[/QUOTE

I assume I wired it wrong. But not sure how I identify the right terminals.

15288312984111785818163.jpg

My expectation was without either microswitch engaged it would be off. With one or the other polarity would be reversed.
    I possibly toasted them in the process of getting it wrong.

The switch is a Z-15GW-B

The pin nearest the rocker is 1 - COM
    Centre is 3 - NO
    Nearest switch extended arm 2 - NC

Advice appreciated as my electrical know how is poor at best.

you're a genius! that works thanks very much

Thanks to the help of Paul I got the linear control working. At least this mock up, which powered a small 12V motor. The idea is to make a sandwich with some polycarbonate as the bread and the microswitches as the filling. Conveniently the mini servo I am using is just the right height to align with the arms.
    IMG_20180616_141311.jpg
    IMG_20180616_141330.jpg

I need some long 4mm bolts and some longer 1.5mm bolts, and in the final version the polycarbonate will shield the arms too. (Pictures updated with bolts fitted)
    Last edited by Deathly Hallows; 16th June 2018 at 17:02. Reason: Pictures not shown

Got a few deliveries this week.
    Bolts, nuts, titanium plate, polycarbonate

I am going to make the top mostly from polycarbonate as it's light, also it's cheap to replace so no big deal if destroyed after each event. I'll add reinforcement behind.

Did a little more work on the electrical system. Configured the buck voltage reducer to put 18V to the lineac.
    Added a 'live' light, a 100A fuse for lipo and a kill switch/jumper

I am making a polycarbonate lid for the bucky and adding a fan to be sure it can handle max load.

Here's a video of my lineac controller working

Quote Originally Posted by PaulusSmallus View Post
    Its looking really good I am excited to see it all together.
    Thanks very much.

I added some titanium plate to the front instead of that bit cardboard . It weights in at 13.02kg so once the ramp is fitted it's going to be a bit over but lots of opportunities to lower weight.

Having some electrical issues. Got it all wired up, motors spinning, lineac running, but something is not right.

Register To Comment