Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attitude Adjuster (Beetleweight)

Another quick update - finally put the axe together. I swapped out the 300rpm brushed motor for a 500rpm brushed motor and was pleased with the torque, as it can self-right, but not so much with the speed. I'm going to experiment with putting the gearbox from the 300rpm motor onto one of my DYS BE1806 brushless motors to see how that works when geared down ~3:1 by the belt. I should also make a tensioner, as the belt is a little bit slack, though that could be good for protecting the motor.

I put the robot together but was having issues with the snap ring staying on the Fingertech hub, I think I might've bent them. I've ordered some replacement 7/16" snap rings that will be arriving later this week. The axe hub and pulley also work themselves lose, so I will put some blue threadlocker on them when that too arrives later this week.

I did a quick weigh, and it comes in at ~1250g. That means I have ~250g for the wedge + mounts, wheelguards, foam wheels, drive ESCs, various nuts and bolts, and final weapon motor mount.

Still quite a bit on my to-do list:
    * Cutting the titanium wedge
    * Making the mounts
    * Making wheelguards
    * Cutting the top covers
    * Adding a fuse and power LED (I have both of these, they just need fitted)
    * Making a cradle
    * Making a weapon locking bar
    * Putting the wheels on and making it move
    * Loctiting all the bolts
    * (If I have time) Making the hammer more potent
    * (If I have time) Making spares, e.g. top covers, wedge, hammer, etc
    * Anything else I've missed! (Anybody notice anything?)

IMG_1006b.jpgIMG_1007b.jpg

Team Kaizen

Looks good. I might suggest some top padding/extra armour over the battery area as that top armour looks fairly thin to me.

If you need to get some weight reduction in, I'd possibly look at the axe arm with a few smallish holes in it.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Last edited by scott; 23rd September 2018 at 23:56.

Team Kaizen

Looks very good! I wouldn't worry so much about the internals at the moment and focus on the weight problem. Do you know if it is the axe arm and head that is the main weight culprit here? It could do with a few weight saving holes in it by the looks of it.

Team Kaizen

Ah, good point about the cradle. I have some old wood from a AW arena build that I can use for that. Yeah, in building my Middleweight, I figured that the 230+ bolts in it would contribute to the weight. It turned out to be more than I expected as well. Once there is a bit less weight swinging, the jumping might be alleviated.

Won't the Dremel do for for sharpening the wedge (remember, you need to have a cover for sharps protection)? I'll probably end up doing that with Shu! when I tidy up the new arm.

Register To Comment