Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Robots - The need for a team T-Shirt

Bad Wolf
    Yeah it is abit of an interesting debate as they are saying this to make it more official and standardised. However it could open it up to teams wearing bin bags and toilet plungers on their heads and saying that’s their teams outfits! :/ Also after spending a lot of money on bots should it be expected to then have to buy a team outfit? (I’ve got to admit from Day 1 of Robot Wars I’ve wanted my own bot and also a tasty uniformed outfit for my team so I am more than down with the idea, I just feel it’s abit harsh saying “Team T-Shirts or Go home” hahaha)

Bad Wolf

I'm pretty sure it has been suggested by John Findlay that you could just go to Primark and get some plain, cheapo t-shirts that are the same colour as your robot. So I guess you don't have to go all out with printed logos etc if you don't want to spend that much money.
    Having said that I have always wanted a team t-shirt so it's cool to finally have a proper reason to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by dotDominic View Post
    I'm pretty sure it has been suggested by John Findlay that you could just go to Primark and get some plain, cheapo t-shirts that are the same colour as your robot. So I guess you don't have to go all out with printed logos etc if you don't want to spend that much money.
    Having said that I have always wanted a team t-shirt so it's cool to finally have a proper reason to make one.
    that sounds fine i think is it one of those things it just need to be clarified. Worse to worse just bring some cash along as a backup.

Team Kaizen

Depends on the draw I should think. Unless there has been some changes to the Robots Live! arena, spinners won't be allowed to run there so nothing will change from that point and I can't remember there being that much fall out in Gloucester or Maidstone for the heavies. Get Shrekt (a Feather) did manage to throw a robot into the wall or ceiling though, that was mighty impressive.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Quote Originally Posted by Maxamuslead View Post
    any idea how much one of his costs ?
    About £15 to £20 from what I remember
    Last edited by Theo; 29th March 2018 at 16:19.

I think it's a bit unnecessary, but not too much of an incinvenience I guess

Team Kaizen

I dunno, I see the logic. Do you really want members of the public in and around the pits having not paid to see the show and be around fairly dangerous tools/robots etc?

An alternative would be roboteer ID badges but then I guess you'd have to pay to enter the event,
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 29th March 2018 at 17:33.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    Wonder how heavyweight teams will get on keep rebuilding expensive heavies after each live event.

Good comment
    If you are new to the live circuit you need to make sure your Robot isn't
    just cannon fodder for the regular Robots.
    If you have spent a lot of money-and you have just finished your Robot,
    youv'e bought your t-shirts and traveled to an event at your expence
    maybe you've booked a hotel.
    If your drawn against carbide thor and iron awe-ask for another match
    instead.
    There's no substitute for plenty of practice, driving your Robot, because believe
    me the usual players will have had plenty-some with thier own arenas.
    I not one for too many rules but Do we need a Union ? -roboteers are the
    stars-not sheep.

Register To Comment