Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Pushover - Pullover (Ant)

Team Kaizen

I approve very much, well done! Am I right in thinking you are using a NanoTwo V3? The V3 delivers the full battery voltage to the servo rather than limit it to 5V so if the servo you have is a non-HV type, I suspect that is why it is getting warm.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Thank you, I'm overly proud, mostly amazed it works...

Yep, it's the v3, I figured the extra voltage would affect the duty cycle, although I didn't appreciate by how much, I'm getting around 3 mins use until it starts twitching, but that was almost continuous use while I tried to set everything up and nudged some trims, under more normal use it should survive until about the 5 minute mark... should...

And if not, it's about 2 mins to change and I've got 5 or 6 more for my tenner.

And to add to the Video, I couldn't drag the mouse because I couldn't grip the shape, but putting it on and clamping it means I can fly about at normal speed, it's quite a bit more powerful than I thought it would be, I'm impressed with it so far.

I know I'm mithering a bit now, sorry.

I'm having an issue with failsafe state, realised I should test it and it seem that whenever I turn off the TX it spins the right side motor backwards and stands the servo up, the servo I can live with for now as it twitches and stops. but the motor won't stop until I either A) turn the TX back on, or B) pull the link.

Something is niggling at me that this is a setup issue, I'm using Devo 7E with Deviation 5.0.0 and a NanoTwo V3, if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd much appreciate it, Thanks.

Team Kaizen

Sounds as if the NanoTwo is holding onto a failsafe state that would appear to include signalling from the TX at the time of binding. Try rebinding the TX and the NanoTwo, making sure not to touch the directional controls. I had this problem with The Honey Badger, obviously with a different receiver and speed controller

BOOM! I'll crack on with that on Monday when I get chance to work on it again, see what happens. Thanks for all the help, I don't think I'd have got this far without your help. Thankyouuuuuu.

Anyway, how did today go? Excited to see you in action tomorrow at 12.

Team Kaizen

No worries, I think Ikari may have had this problem as well.

It was awesome, I'll save on the details until you've seen it on Sunday but safe to say, plenty of work to do

Bit late with the update, but went for the re bind and it seems to have cured the random circles. Going to replace the arm, because it's pretty poo, but other than that I need to throw it in an arena now and see how it does.

Thanks for the guidance.

Team Kaizen

Good to hear! Might it be worth replacing the thin wire with a polycarbonate hook?

I'll be looking to run the social again fairly soon and I'll see about bringing the AW arena as well.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 25th April 2018 at 12:45.

I've been looking at hook replacement stuff, it's a shame because the wire is only around 2.5g and plenty strong enough, but I think I'm going to have to affix a tail section so I can self right without it having to go so far back, it will self right and almost grab right now, but it won't flip, and that's what I was aiming For, I have a few ideas, I've picked up some m1 bolts to see if they'll go through the servo horn to give me some flexibility.

Awesome stuff, i enjoyed the last one, looking into having a go at my own arena too, complete with some obstacles like barrels and a see saw and things like that for a bit of fun, if I have chance I'll be starting in earnest at weekend, if it's done I can bring that too?

Team Kaizen

Yeah sure, if it is ready, bring it along

Register To Comment