Register To Comment

Thread: Devo: 7 vs 7e

I've managed to confuse myself royally regarding tx options, I know the Devo 7e comes recommended, what's the differences with the 7e and the 7? I can see there's less model memory at 15... but would the Devo 7 be suitable?

Just found a 7 for half the price of a 7e you see...

Team Kaizen

I had a quick look and it seems the 7 has a few more switches, bigger physically but you can't use the deviation firmware with it (quite what that is I've not looked into yet). The 7e looks to be the one to have but without knowing what the firmware is for in our applications (we must have a use it, I've seen a few flashed with it before), I couldn't comment definitively.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

That's a good point Dave, I hadn't considered that.

I'm just trying to get things together in my head for when I upgrade the flysky stuff I'm using, and I need to find out what this deviation stuff does, sounds very interesting. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
    That's a good point Dave, I hadn't considered that.

I'm just trying to get things together in my head for when I upgrade the flysky stuff I'm using, and I need to find out what this deviation stuff does, sounds very interesting. Thanks guys.
    The deviation firmware is what changes the transmitter from working on a proprietary protocol to Devo to a wide variety of protocols like DSM2 DSMX.

https://nutsandbots.co.uk/devo7e/

Absolutely brilliant shakey!!

Thread Revival time!!!

Stumped for a Devo 7e, its a very nice unit, but...

Does anyone have any experience with flashing deviation to these from windows 10? I cant seem to get the software to recognise the 7e, and software isn't exactly a forte of mine. I've trawled the deviation forums and tried everything I can find that's within my skill level.

Any help will be greatly received! Thanks guys.

UPDATE: found some 'colourful' and rather wonky permissions on the PC, sorted it out and flashed successfully.
    Last edited by Retroman; 20th April 2018 at 18:45. Reason: Updated

Register To Comment