Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anywhere you can order metal.pre cut?

I believe K-Cut can work from sketches but even doing a simple cad drawings in SketchUp or Fusion 360 is not that hard

Sounds like you want the parts cut without doing the CAD work up front. Much like asking a builder to build a house with no plans. I'd recommend learning CAD first. You could pick up the basics in a weekend of tutorials (at least enough to get designing a robot).

Try OnShape good tutorials. Free. Updates regularly. Nothing to install runs in browser. App for phone/tablet.

Solidworks isn't free unless you can get it from work/uni/college, inventor you can get a trial on, but fusion is free, so I would recommend starting with that, all three do the same thing pretty much

Get yourself fusion 360 to start.

As far as file types, dxf is the standard profile type that any cutting company should accept. I would recommend keeping your parts to 1:1 scale to avoid sizing issues.

There are many more companies out there than K-cut. I did a quick google search and found I had a water cutters just down the road from me that are far cheaper so I've been going to them.

Team Helix
    Fusion 360 is easy to learn, free and simple. I just made simple DXF files and sent them to http://www.lasered.co.uk/ for a quote in 1 week bits were back with me. Parts were perfect.

Register To Comment