Register To Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Madusa Build Tread

Team Kaizen

To address your questions directly:

1. I imagine this is in the mixing or the connection to the RX - but at the moment both wheels go forwards or backward but not opposite directions to enable us to steer it!! How do I sort this?
    I presume you have one speed controller per motor? The only time I've heard of this happening is when one speed controller is driving both wheels (since the speed controller is mapped to only one channel, it can only go forwards and backwards on that channel).

Assuming it is one per side, I can't visualise a situation where this would be happening because one speed controller is mapped to one channel. Can you show us how the speed controllers are wired in to the RX?

2. It is very sensitive to ramp up the power ie it’s either slow or bloody fast!! Any ideas how I can improve this as my daughter will be driving it and could do with a reduction in sensitivity to help her.
    I know some ESCs allow for a exponential acceleration curve rather than a linear one, I guess you are using TZ85As? If that is the case, I don't think the optional programming card work with them when brushed (could be wrong with that). The video suggests it is working OK to me, I'd just get some practice in driving the thing.

3. What are your thoughts on us coming to Manchester? Should we have done more testing or some practice battles - ie do we need a level of competence / experience or robustness to enter?
    That is a question only you can answer. You don't need a level of competence (beyond being able to use the power tools you bring, which you evidently can) per se, just sign up and come on the day, it is what I did at Robots Live! Grantham 2017. If you feel able, by all means come, you'll be welcomed by everyone attending I am sure.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 5th March 2018 at 18:49.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

I have a Feather2ESC which is a dual ESC - so 1 ESC controls both motors - sorry I should have said this earlier. I know it can control both independently - I just need to know how!!!
    There should be two JR servo leads coming out of the ESC if it is a mixing one (I think they are sold without mixing as well but then it would have 1 JR servo lead), is this the case here?

Thanks for your advice - power tools will be needed as it is not the most robust design. Howmany Featherweight fights are there each day - is it 2?
    Can't be worse than The Honey Badger 1.0, that needed major surgery after one fight! Normally, it is 1 or 2 per show, so you can end up in a situation with 4 FW melees in one day, yes.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 5th March 2018 at 18:59.

Team Kaizen

The servo leads need to into the channels that map to the up/down and left/right directons on the transmitter and will want a bit of experimentation as to which channels this maps to. For example, left/right and up/down on the left stick on my TX is channels 1 and 2 on the RX. Don't plug it in the battery connector though (which is normally the top row of pins).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    Can't be worse than The Honey Badger 1.0, that needed major surgery after one fight! .

Ahh yes i remember that fight well, How psychopathic small children can be

I myself is hoping to come to Manchester jut need to check some days and such

Team Kaizen

So we have a robot that goes forwards, goes backwards and also turns right and left (albeit to go right we have to turn left on the controller and visa versa). No matter which combination we try we cant sort it so any ideas let me know but for now we can cope with that!!
    Oh excellent! What was the change in the end?

Some transmitters have a flip switch on them so left becomes right and right becomes left. I have this problem with Shu! but to be honest, I can live with it being opposed for the time being.

1. Is the diagram below and the removable link setup correct? (ignore the link soldering and Ill have a proper go once I know what I am doing!!!)
    Yep, looks good to me.

2. I am struggling to think how to put the LED in. The wire for the LED (14v) is so thin compared to the other 8 gauge wire that is used for the rest of the robot. Can anyone help me with this?
    So the LED, as far as I understand it, will only draw as many amps as it needs when wired into the circuitry (a bit like the motors). Since the LED only requires a tiny amount of current to make work, it doesn't need a very thick wire.

Register To Comment