Hi All

I am a complete novice, apart from following a step by step process for a Fingertech robot! However, me and my daughter have wanted to build a featherweight given she was inspired by NUTS on robot wars.

In terms of a spec we have

For now just a normal bash bot
HDPE shell and wheels
2 x Gimson Motors
A feather 2 ESC
LIFE 2100 Zippy battery
Hobbyking Transmitter and receiver
and no idea!!!

I still need to put some rubber on the wheels etc

Attached is a picture of what we have in terms of a setup etc.

IMG_0352.JPG

However after being very excited tonight of plugging everything in (noting I know I need some LEDS and a fuse to be FRA compliant) and hopefully seeing the wheels move when we give the controller a bit of juice...yep you guessed it - nothing!!!
I think I have bound the transmitter correctly as the red light remains on constantIMG_0350.JPG.

However, the Feather2 ESC is flashing orange and assume I have done something wrong.

Does it matter where I put the wires from the ESC into the receiver (I realise that negative needs to be at the bottom though...I think) and what else could I be missing?

I have wired up the motors directly to an old drill battery with an on off switch and the motors work really well. So it must be something I have done with the ESC / Receiver / wiring

I do have a lemon RX received as well if you think that would be better to use / compatible with the hobbyking TX (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobby-ki...E&gclsrc=aw.ds)

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Jon