Register To Comment

Thread: Mount for MFA 940D

Does anyone know where I can pickup a mount for an MFA 940D which I picked up from Maplin ? Thought it came with a mount but apparently not. MFA website doesn't list it. The gear box has a diameter of 32mm the motor 27.5mm, the gearbox has 4x equally spaced mount points. Hard to get centre point but think they are 20mm apart. The spindle enter a protruding elongated circle/rounded rectangle as typical. Width across straight edges 17.9mm and diameter across rounded ends 19.8mm.

Haven't really got to grips with the standard sizes yet so not sure what is compatible. Any tips here too would be great!

I could try and fabricate them but the effort for a cheap part with better finish just doesn't seem worth while.

Thanks

Team Kaizen

I couldn't find an exact match but TechnobotsOnline do seem to sell MFA motor mounts (https://www.technobotsonline.com/mot...-brackets.html). You may find adapting one of these is the best/quickest way forwards.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Thanks I followed your link. That lead to another and then a data sheet. The data sheet showed a mount called 727/1 then I found this on RS site which says it is for RE385's but then quotes 940D data sheet and the RE385 and 940D area completely different. The drzwing looks consistent with RE 385. Will keep digging around they must exist.

Register To Comment