Register To Comment

Thread: Co2 Bottles with Tap valves

Hey All,

i saw alot of people recently needing the M25 tap valves for fire extinguishers, and ive started to see some people at live events using a handle which is then nutted closed. Thus i went to my local fire extinguisher supply company who were able to source what i needed for General d'Meaner and Dystopia last year and have managed to come up with a solution.

Using their trade contacts, i can bulk buy tap valves, bottles, and Co2 refills to try and make them accessible to new roboteers or people trying to refresh their system after using it for over a decade. Ive got pictures below, plus various prices for the various services on offer.

Prices: (all prices include VAT)

Tap Valve: £30
    2kg Bottle: £40
    1kg Bottle: £40
    Co2 Refill: £30

New, pressure tested Co2 Bottle stamped for the month of purchase and filled with a tap valve will thus be £100

Note: Other services like dip tubes, or other sized bottles (such as a 1kg bottle) are also available but ill need to check the price for these when requested. If they get requested alot ill add it to the price list.

Also just to be completely upfront with the pricing. I need to buy some of these items in bulk. Thus im not looking to make a profit out of selling these to roboteers, however i hope everyone can understand i dont intend to make a loss either. Something like a refill costs me exactly £30, whilst i only make a few pound on the tap valves each - which given i have to bulk buy them means ill always be at a deficit really.

I know this is something i struggled with when looking to buy new equipment for TV filming, and i understand newcomers are similarly finding it difficult to find for their builds. If you want to do some testing on featherweights between events aswell, i can look into filling your personal Co2 bottles (though they will be required to be in a relatively new condition due to the filling license).

Just as a final note. The bottles are pressure tested before being sent out. This means they get a stamp showing the month and year they was tested (to which you get 10 years after that). The bottles also come with all the safety stickers youll ever need, including a compressed gas warning label ect. If your in the local area aswell, the supplier im using is stated on the bottles so you can contact them and get prices if your willing to pick them up yourself.

Note in terms of turnaround, it takes 2-3 weeks to order in the full set. So if you need a new bottle, valve, and filling - please leave a month before the event you need it for just incase. If you need an item urgently, that can also be arranged however we will need to negotiate that at the time. For example, if you need a bottle for next week - we can see if theres any bottles in storage from last year which we can swap the heads over and push through the system as fast as possible.
    Last edited by Garfie489; 15th February 2018 at 12:33.

Just going to shamelessly bump this, because ive had several people now approach me this week looking to see wether i still supply these.

I can still get hold of everything here. Only thing on the taps is i need to buy in bulk, so when they do run out ill need to see what demands like for the next order.

Register To Comment