Register To Comment
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant Weight Circuit Help

Bad Wolf
    .... would it work if one of the pads the JRs should be soldered too... wasn’t there anymore? Hahaha I ripped one of the wires out as I knew I needed to re solder it but the pad came with it and It isn’t sticking back to the board anymore. But say if I used just 1 JR plug, would that still give me control of both motors or not? Might have to be buying a new board

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

It will work with one but you'll only have one direction of control. I guess you could try re-soldering the pad to the board (the pad looks to be just solder itself)
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Ah I have done that before. But provided that you take care, you can solder a wire to one of the resistor pads that are closed to where you are soldering (assuming you took the pad from a signal connection.) You can find which pad by tracing the PCB track connecting the pad that you are ment to solder to to the PCB terminal. If you are unsure about this, post a picture of your dasmikro as it is currently and I'll show you where.

If you do want to do this then I would also recommend gluing the wire to the PCB with a little bit of arodite or super glue. That way the glue will take the strain off the resistor pad that you solder too.

Bad Wolf
    *UPDATE .... I AM A ROBOT WIZARDDDDDD (I’m not really... but I am AMAZED) that I’ve finally got something moving! After ALOT of help from Ocracoke and Scottie (thanks so much guys, wouldn’t have done it without you two)

So swapped a few cables around and got this moving

okay okay... it looks TERRIBLE... Hahahaha but I’m chuffed it’s moving! And responding okay! So now it’s on to building something abit better

Bad Wolf

YEAH BOI!! I'm glad you got it working! Well done!

Team Kaizen

Congratulations! Now you just need a shell for all of that to go in!
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Bad Wolf
    Cheers Guys yeah I’ll get cracking on that this week! Got a load of HDPE to cut! :/ no doubt I’ll have an fail video for you guys to see of me cutting my fingers off or worst.... Hahaha

Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf
    So a bit of an update, had a new DasMikro through the post so I decided to wire that up instead of the old one with the broken pads on it. Ive got to this point...

However, I use to get a solid Red light on my lemon when I added my power. But now i get a slight flicker when I first push it in then nothing. Seen at about 58 seconds into that video.

At the start im just kinda showing that with the lemon not plugged in and the power supply plugged in first it does move the motors and they seem to be okay? So Im just wondering what im doing wrong? Have I messed up with the power supply wires? or the JR plugs? Or Something else? I think im getting closer to having something Ant Like anyway

Bad Wolf

I would advise against plugging things in while your system is energised. Your dasmikro seems correctly connected.

As to no led illuminated on your lemon , try rebinding it and see if it works. If you have a spare servo you could plug that in with just a battery and see if.

Bad Wolf
    Okay I’ll give that a go! Was going to also ask do you need the bind plug that came with the lemon or will any do?

Bad Wolf

Register To Comment