Register To Comment
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant Weight Circuit Help

Any will do. It's just there to short the bind pin to ground and put the receiver into bind state

Bad Wolf
    So sorted a few things out and got to this stage

its going back when I want to go forward, what’s the quickest fix there? Do I swap wires around ? Also the back wheels are going a lot faster than the front, they are the bigger size wheel does that make any difference? :/ the front ones are turning but its going a lot slower than the back two! Any ideas?

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

Yeah, swapping the wires around at the motor end is the simplest way to resolve the back and forwards issue. The bigger wheel size will be impacting here. As for the motors turning at different speeds... I guess they are all the same gearbox ratio motors (so 30:1 or something like that)?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Good job so far bro! The quickest way to make it go forward is to change it in the remote settings. Go to mixer. Find the channel used to go forward and select it. Go to src (the thing used to select which knob does what) and press enter on it. It should have an ! (Example !AIL) Next to it to show that it is inverted. The graph on the screen will also be inverted.

And do you mean that motors spin faster or do you mean that they cover more distance? You should expect the latter as their circumference is larger Hense they will cover more ground.

Team Kaizen

he quickest way to make it go forward is to change it in the remote settings.
    My lack of experience with a Devo 7e. :P I really should get one.

Sorry Ocracoke! I just posted that on my phone and didn't realize you already posted. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I can appreciate that i sounded that way.

Team Kaizen

I didn't take it to be mean at all, don't worry! I had completely forgotten that it was a Devo 7e being used here (despite it being in the video... -1 to perception) so flipping the direction is a good shout.

Bad Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Good job so far bro! The quickest way to make it go forward is to change it in the remote settings. Go to mixer. Find the channel used to go forward and select it. Go to src (the thing used to select which knob does what) and press enter on it. It should have an ! (Example !AIL) Next to it to show that it is inverted. The graph on the screen will also be inverted.

And do you mean that motors spin faster or do you mean that they cover more distance? You should expect the latter as their circumference is larger Hense they will cover more ground.

Ive managed to sort that in the settings! Thanks for that! I have a servo working as well on there now, so I’m going to now swap the wheels for 4 bigger sized ones and see if that helps the bounce on it! Thanks guys! I’ve also glue gunned the wires in place so hopefully that stops the Pads snapping off again!

Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf
    So I’ve swapped the wheels, but it’s made it even more bouncy!

the motors don’t seem to be moving at the same speed, not sure why that would be :/

So then I lifted the front and it runs lovely, but I don’t want a 2 wheeled bot

Options anyone? Have some pointless wheels at the front that have no motor? Change the front motors incase they are at a different ratio? Totally change my design to just have 2 and YOLO it up? Lol

Bad Wolf

It's a bit hacky, but could you not pair the faster motors with the smaller wheels? Obviously I've no idea if the ratios are even close, but I'm just kind of thinking out loud.

Register To Comment