Register To Comment
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Ant Weight Circuit Help

Where did you get the motors from? Are they the rated at the same speed? And do they spin at all? I have bought those types of motors from ebay before and sometimes they give me a completely different speed that i have asked for. Sometimes I have also been given random dodgy motors that dont work properly either.

Also how have you connected your motors together? are they in series or parallel? This last question is just for interest as i doubt that will be causing your problem

Bad Wolf
    I think it’s a motor problem! I’ve been buying lots from different places so no doubt they have got mixed up in my box! but I have brought it all with me To work so I’ll try swapping some round!

In terms of connecting it up i I have put the right hand side on one set of pads and the left on the other set!

Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf
    Just noticed that two of the motors ( the left side ) are the oppersite to the right side in terms of how the plus and minus sit ! Would this matter?

It would only matter if the front and back motors on one side, as in two motors on one set of pads, were connected with the plus sign opposite to each other. If that was the case then the motors would spin in opposite directions.

Both motors connected to the dasmikro pads must be connected with the same orientation.

Bad Wolf
    I managed to find 1 motor that is the same speed as the back two so now I end up going round in circles hahaha so close but yet ... atleast a couple of weeks away from shipping in 4 new motors lol bad times

Bad Wolf

Cant you find a Uk based supplier? I am sure that you can get what you are looking for that will deliver in less than a week ebay. If you have you have the money then you could look at technobotsonline.com. They sell pololu types and can deliver in a few days!

Bad Wolf
    Cheers mate I’ll check them out now

Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf
    Just to kinda finish this long winded Thread off... the Noob question and answer sesh I’ve had over the past few months has led me to this! Learnt a lot, and thanks to everyone who helped! Its not the best looking thing but it is a thing haha I give you, The Phantom Fox.

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

Well done! I hope to see this at a future Ant event
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Bad Wolf
    So I’m back with some more questions

so finished everything on my bot, however I would like to drive my Ant with the left controller and operate the weapon (lifting arm) with the right controller on my Devo 7E. However I’m really not getting it...

I have one Jr plug with only the white cable, I have one Jr plug with Red, Black and White and then I have the JR plug for the servo (brown, red and yellow) Im just wondering what Pins these plugs need to go into?

ive also out a pic of my screen on the devo 7E, could anyone point me in the right direction for how I need to set this up to work??

https://imgur.com/a/05tlv96

thanks

Bad Wolf
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 26th July 2018 at 15:52.

Register To Comment