Register To Comment

Thread: Project: Pushover

Hi guys, new member but long time lurker, getting ready for my first build and a few questions to help me finalise everything...

Firstly, has anyone had any success with MDPE as armour sections? I can get both this and MDPE for free, so it's more a question of would it work to shave a few grams if I end up as close to max weight as I think I will.

Secondly, I'm building (read: trying to) a front hinge flipper, and I'm hoping to create a dual circuit for the ram, one with a buffer for the more 'dramatic' flips and one without to allow more fine control, has this been done before? And aside from slightly more weight and complexity, is it really worth it?

Thanks 😁

Team Kaizen

Hey there, welcome to the forum!

I'd be surprised if dual circuits haven't been tried before but I can't be certain for a Featherweight. MDPE should be OK but the lighter density might be problematic against cutting weaponry. The Honey Badger 2.1 uses HDPE entirely for its armour and its taken a fair few whacks over the six or so months, still mostly intact.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, is be surprises myself if it hasn't been done before, was hoping for a little first hand experience of I'm honest, I'll see what I can cobble up and if it worksí ½í¸‚

Cutting weapons and spinners were the primary concern with MDPE tbh, was thinking HD for the front/sides, and maybe some MD round the back and up top, it's fairly springy so the hope is axes will bounce as opposed to pierce...

It's still in the development stage atm, I've got a ram system with about 130kg lift that works quick enough to break a finger or 2 if not careful (you can likely guess how I know...) I B&B tried CAD and failed pretty miserably, just very conscious of the weight budget, the weapon system is a shade over 5 kg as is.

Also, how do you guys secure your tanks? It's strapped to the test base with 2 24mm steel straps right now, just looking for inspiration on so.erhing either lighter or more secure, thanks in advance.

Register To Comment