Register To Comment
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ESC recommendations

I wouldn't consider brushless until you are a robot or two into the hobby.

Depends on weightclass. But brushless drives are finicky beasts. Gearratio is much more important than with brushed motors.

In our raptor we use SimonK programmed Afro 30's for drive. Drive itself is a set of Neptunes coupled with 28mm 2840KV diameter inrunners

In Hannibalito 5 we have, again, a set of Neptunes, but coupled with a pair of 1500KV 3650 inrunners and SimonK TZ85A's.

One heavy I know off uses 100mm diameter brushless outrunners and MGM Compro ESC's. (think big ££££)

Bananaking, a Russian monster, uses Revolt outrunners , but the Alienpower ESC's they tried burned out. VESC's had more succes, but can't get the power the machine needs. (one of the reasons I'm following the 300A VESC thread)

Looking at those motors, brushless or not, I wouldent be keen on them
    purely because of the size of the drive sprocket at the end-it looks like
    its rigged for 6mm chain or less and could be a true reflection of the power
    of the motor-48 volt and 2000 watt driving 6mm chain, very questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10 View Post
    Bananaking, a Russian monster, uses Revolt outrunners , but the Alienpower ESC's they tried burned out. VESC's had more succes, but can't get the power the machine needs. (one of the reasons I'm following the 300A VESC thread)
    Any idea what kinda current those things draw? They seem to vary between 6kW (120A @ 12s) and 15kW (300A @ 12s). The A200S can do 200A for 30s then 135A continuous so far.

I guess peaks will be what Revolt gives. But with current limiting everything has some measure of protection.

In any case, I'm very interested in your work.
    Supporting bananaking and building a E-motorbike are 2 things I could use a good V-ESC for.

Register To Comment