Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few questions about registering for live events

Team Kaizen

Hey there, welcome to the forum!

Robots Live and Extreme Robots normally have their own signup forms which they'll post a link to a month or so before the event, so I subscribed to the entire live events section of the forum to be notified of when new topics are posted.

I think you need to specify the number of people coming in the team but not whom specifically with both of those events. RoboChallenge (the event organisers for the FW championships) and other events may ask for names mind.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 7th January 2018 at 15:23.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Triceratop
    Hi James, I'm in a similar position to yourself, just finished building my robot and looking to use it. I have applied to robot wars (Tv series) and still waiting for a reply of acceptance (hopefully). By the way anyone know approx. time I should be waiting from submission of application to acceptance please?
    Hi again Michael, you stated you have 'subscribed to the entire live events section of the forum' - how did you do that please?, and thanks for the Fly sky confirmation.

Team Kaizen

Hi again Michael, you stated you have 'subscribed to the entire live events section of the forum' - how did you do that please?, and thanks for the Fly sky confirmation.
    There is a green tick besides the forum section when you look at the forum index. Click on that and it should allow you to subscribe to the forum section activity.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Triceratop
    Once again, many thanks Michael, just subscribed. Looking forward to meeting up with you at one of the meets in the future.

Regarding Robot Wars applications, there's no news on the Series 11 front yet so they won't be accepting applications or making decisions on competitors. The form on the website is from the previous series, just hasn't been removed yet. The email address is still manned I believe but not as frequently during 'downtime' (which is what we're in now that the world series has just finished and no new series has been announced) so don't be surprised if a reply, if any, is slow in appearing.

Triceratop
    Thanks for your reply Jamie. That is disappointing, I thought the application was for the next series (11). Hopefully I can use the robot in other events highlighted on here and any other which persons may know about. Let's keep our fingers crossed for series 11.

Yeah that's the best thing to do, get along to live events to give your robot a good bash around. It'll help iron out any kinks and/or highlight anything that may need improving. That will then greatly improve your chances if (hopefully when) Series 11 applications open.

Register To Comment