Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A few questions about registering for live events

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Robots
    Spur 4 (FW), Titus (HW) , Team Nuts
    I would second Jamie's advice. Combat testing is always going to show your where you need to improve things and will add to your credibility.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    James Williams
    Robots
    Neophyte (FW) Meteorite (FW)
    Hi everyone. I've signed up to some events including Manchester in 3 weeks & haven't heard anything back yet. Since I'm new to this I'm not sure whether this means my application was rejected, didn't go through or whether I'm just supposed to show up. Sorry if this seems like I'm being rude or impatient but if anyone could give me any answers regarding how these things work I would very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Craig J
    Robots
    Sawcerer (FW), Broadax 2 (FW), Battleaxe (Sportsman FW)
    In my experience, once you've signed up, you generally don't hear anything more until 1-2 weeks before the event itself. At that point the EO emails you a 'welcome pack' detailing the event itself, how to get there, expectations from you as a roboteer, where to load/unload, and any special requirements.

If for whatever reason you are excluded from attendance, say the weapon you specify on application is unsuitable for the EOs arena or any other reason, the EO generally will let you know in advance.
    Last edited by qbnut; 2nd April 2018 at 15:16.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    James Williams
    Robots
    Thanks a bunch Craig. I was getting a little anxious about it. I really do appreciate it.

Don't worry I know how you feel, it'll be my first time as well.

Team Kaizen

Status
    Name
    Michael
    Robots
    AW: Osu, Ikari, Ramu / BW: Shu!, Mita / FW: The Honey Badger / MW: Kaizen, ???
    In my experience, once you've signed up, you generally don't hear anything more until 1-2 weeks before the event itself. At that point the EO emails you a 'welcome pack' detailing the event itself, how to get there, expectations from you as a roboteer, where to load/unload, and any special requirements.
    In my experience, it can be less than a week beforehand as well so don't be too surprised/worried if you've not heard back until Monday of that week. If in doubt, e-mailing the EO is also an option.
    Team Kaizen

AW: Osu, Ikari, Ramu
    BW: Shu! (Build Thread)
    FW: The Honey Badger (Build Thread)
    MW: Kaizen (Build Thread)

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    James Williams
    Robots
    Thanks again Michael. I thought about asking John directly but I figured that A) He's got enough on his plate with arrangements right now and B) either way then most other people would know themselves anyway. Also if anyone else is wondering at least the info is out there for them.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    James Williams
    Robots
    Yeah it's the uncertainty whilst all the regulars were getting prepped that was messing with my head. Looking forward to it glad to meet you & everyone else there.

It woulden't take too much effort to multiple e mail to interested roboteers
    at regular intervals with a basic message like -looking forward to seeing you
    at Manchester!
    Roboteers are the stars.

At the moment I'm having trouble remembering if I signed up in the first place. Do we get a email comforting it when I sign up? If not I'm starting to panic now.

Register To Comment