Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destroy It Yourself - a first attempt at a FW.

what battery are you using and what receiver ?

Quantax-Dynamics
    Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    Right. So you have 2 x Botbitz plugged into your receiver at the same time? Have you cut the power cable on one of the esc receiver plugs? It's common knowledge that both power lines going in overload most receivers. I learnt this the hard way 2 nights before an event and have stuck with dual speed controllers ever since. :/
    I hadn't actually been aware of this at all, though it's not a problem with the receiver - with the actual ESC. I think it's more to do with the fact that I had a difference of charge between them and maybe the problem had just been getting worse and worse until today it went. I think dual controllers will probably be where I go from now on. MY power source is a 12V Li-Ion battery from an Argos drill... I was only using the one, powering one ESC since I thought that was mroe or less sufficient and didn't think there was an issue with balances. Harsh lessons again, I guess.

Thanks to everyone for their input though. True stories for sure about roboteers pulling together, it feels good.

Good luck in your future building, and sorry to hear about the ESC, can't help but feel a little guilty for that

Quantax-Dynamics
    Please don't, it's not your fault - it was entirely mine. Money's tight (when is it not with robotics) so I'll have to put this on the backburner. Time until Manchester at least. Dave's offered his workshop and some time, I'll have to see if I can get up there though.

If anything this has been massively helpful. I don't mean to dissuade others from asking for help from Shakey, Garfie and Jarvis, but you guys have been really helpful and pinpointed a lot of issues they couldn't, so I appreciate that. I'll definetely keep you updated and here's hoping I do end up with D.I.Y. at an event!

Team Kaizen

I will also be at Manchester with my floatilla of robots so yeah, if you do need a hand, come and find me.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Quantax-Dynamics
    27329695_181090012640955_303089211_o.jpg
    So for what might have sounded like a bad ending, a replacement BB30 turned up and I plucked up the courage to keep going. My soldering is beyond horrendous, the connections are flimsy as heck but by god it works - it's mixed right too. I will probably have to trim it, but just to give everyone on here a heads up and a thanks for your help. Once I've made a chassis I'll head to Manchester and hopefully see you guys there!

Team Kaizen

Looks good, make sure you cover up your soldering though, don't want to risk a short circuit.

See you in Manchester.

Quantax-Dynamics
    It lives!

https://www.facebook.com/gregory.atk...10339569715999

Now I just need to put it into a proper chassis, clean it up, get real wheels... but man, nothing is quite like seeing it work the first time.

Team Kaizen

Reminds me of the first time I got the first version of my featherweight going, good work

Register To Comment