Register To Comment

Thread: Speeding up linear actuator

THIS tread will help you a lot.

Here's the short video I did explaining some of the modification, if you're interested:

Sure, sorry it's a bit cryptic but it's really nothing too complicated. All that little home-made board is for, is to attach two push-to-break switches to the arduino (blue board). The resistors just make it so the arduino can read the state of the switches properly. The arduino is plugged into the reciever, which gives it the signal from the transmitter/controller in your hand. The arduino makes a decision based on the state of the two limit switches, as to whether it should relay the signal to the speed controller (which is plugged into the arduino too) or to output a 'neutral' signal instead. This basically makes it so that if the actuator is at one of its limits (top or bottom) the motor I attached won't try to force it any further, but will still be able to travel in the other direction.

Is that clear or was there anything else you needed?

I think they were 10k, but it doesn't matter hugely as long as they're decently high. It's just a doubled-up version of the board in this: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Button

Register To Comment