Register To Comment
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Merseyside/Chester/North Wales social?

Really? I appear to have it on the wrong day on my calender... no idea how I've done that... ok, well all going to plan I'll be able to say hello on saturday

Team Kaizen

Ah excellent! I think the confusion came from when I originally posted this, I mentioned the end of February but I couldn't get the cafe before the 3rd of March.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

So here is a quick video of the "arena" as it stands. I am sure I can find something to cushion the robots falling off the edge onto a table but if the Polycarbonate doesn't appear fairly soon, we may have to limit the numbers on there and who can be on there (as far as I know, it is 2 rambot AWs and 1 Axebot AW at the moment so we might be OK anyway).

Osu seems excited anyway
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 27th February 2018 at 15:45.

Bad Wolf
    Nice one Ocracoke! Looking forward to having a fight on it this weekend!

Bad Wolf

Looks great, can't wait to fight!
    On a side note, my ant is meant to be a flipper, that is if my new servo arrives in time, the old one was way to big: enough for a beetle! It's not a very fast servo, so there's not much worry of ants being tossed around. I just want something that can self-right.

Team Kaizen

That is fine My concerns will be fairly moot if the polycarbonate walls arrive before Friday so I can actually drill the things for bolting together.

How do you think the snow's going to affect things? I've been snowed in for the past 2 days; walking outside risks being blown into the road with these winds.

I'm kinda worried myself, I'm motorcycle only at the mo...

Team Kaizen

I do understand, my wife used to ride her moped in this kind of weather for 5 or so years and I did fret about her when it was icy. I've not been outside of the local area much but the roads + pavements around the Wirral are relatively clear at the moment. They are not iced up and look reasonably dry today but I do appreciate that getting here may be a pain. Snow fall is obvious but given the somewhat sheltered geographical location, the snow has had much less of an impact compared to the rest of the country.

To make an "official" statement on this: I am still planning on doing this on Saturday at the times and locations specified. The Met Office forecast for Merseyside seems to be okish (though I may update this tomorrow morning) though it is sideways snowing at the moment :/

There is an advantage in that the cafe entrance, if you park on the road, is right by the pavement and there are no (well, potentially one) steps to traverse as it is all ramps inside so you wouldn't have an issue then. However, if you park in the car park, that can be be a bit treacherous but again, no steps, just rough ground until you reach the back wall and then it is paved.

The good news is that despite the bad weather, the polycarbonate walls appeared today and I've already got a corner fixed up. I'll forgo a roof on the arena for now (it is on my list of things to do as is it is my hope that eventually it is going to become an arena for charity/fundraiser events) but in short, we are ready to go though I think I've forgotten the padding for the floor, which I can get on the day if needed.

I'll be sure to post tomorrow evening to update as to the weather situation here. I want this to go ahead as much as you all want to
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 1st March 2018 at 22:34.

Team Kaizen

So, here is the Friday update: The weather is marginally improving here. No snowfall or rain to speak of and the roads continue to be dry, which bodes well. It is still very cold and there is a fair bit of wind in the air but other than that, you wouldn't really know it had been snowing at all.

Update: With that said, it has started snowing here. :/
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 2nd March 2018 at 23:00.

Register To Comment