Register To Comment
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Merseyside/Chester/North Wales social?

I should be able to go then
    No sign of that servo yet; I'll either keep it a rambot or find some way of fitting that big servo in, unlikely though.
    Should I still bring my feather for display/car park fights?

Team Kaizen

Excellent! Certainly can bring your Featherweight though I can't be sure if it will see any action.

Arena was finished yesterday, the actual arena floor looks very small in comparison to the outer walls, may need to change that in a future development.

modified.jpg
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 3rd March 2018 at 00:46.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

I'll bring it along anyway, just in case. The servo doesn't fit, I'm going to improvise with my best friend, zipties, to stay upright.
    Looking forward to meeting you all!

Bad Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    So, here is the Friday update: The weather is marginally improving here. No snowfall or rain to speak of and the roads continue to be dry, which bodes well. It is still very cold and there is a fair bit of wind in the air but other than that, you wouldn't really know it had been snowing at all.

Update: With that said, it has started snowing here. :/
    Fingers crossed it will ease up soon! I think the roads my end are okay, just one small section called Rhuallt Hill might be abit dodgy, but I’m hoping it will be better tomorrow!

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

Ah, good ol' Rhuallt Hill, steep and long is ye.

Weather is pretty sunny here today. Snow that fell last night has all but vanished. Car is packed and pretty much ready to go, will see you all this evening.

I'm absolutely gutted, but I'm not going to be able to make it.
    Bloody train strikes, why today?
    I'm really sorry, I hope there'll be other meetups.

Bad Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    Ah, good ol' Rhuallt Hill, steep and long is ye.

Weather is pretty sunny here today. Snow that fell last night has all but vanished. Car is packed and pretty much ready to go, will see you all this evening.

Yeah Rhuallt Hill is abit of a ball ache but I’ll try my best should be do-able now, see you soon guys! Starbucks for 3:30?

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

I'm absolutely gutted, but I'm not going to be able to make it.
    Bloody train strikes, why today?
    I'm really sorry, I hope there'll be other meetups.
    Oh no, sorry to hear! Well, I am sure there will be - it was one of the things I was going to raise this evening.

Starbucks for 3:30?
    Aye, that is right - look out for the bright yellow car with a grey frame around it in the car park - that is me.

Bad Wolf
    Got here abit early haha but I’m here now

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

Many thanks to those that came along today, it was really heartening to see you all! I know that the train strikes and the prevailing weather didn't help with the situation but as I said at the social, I am happy to organise another one of the back of this.

We ended up just generally chatting about upcoming designs for robots being designed/built and we also watched a few videos from the recent Ant Freeze 5 and UWE Beetle Brawl events amongst others. Bad Wolf and I also did end up having a couple of matches in the arena (despite me being completely un-organised) as well, I think he won a few of them

I'll post the details of the next one after Extreme Robots Manchester, noting that this one is likely to be in the Chester area which, given where folks are coming from, seems to be the most "central" location at the moment.

Register To Comment