Register To Comment
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Merseyside/Chester/North Wales social?

Going to attempt to stick with the front hinge flipper and scale down the design for Pushover, and I also went for the NanoTwo V3, and some of Rory's wheels, no motors as yet tho, trying to find some 500rpm ones that aren't 2-3 week delivery...

Team Kaizen

Since the last one went well, I am looking to arrange another one of these. I'll get in contact with the folks who run the community centre in Hoole, Chester (http://www.hoolecommunitycentre.org.uk/) and see what they can offer. If we can't get into there, there is always the place we met up at last time (amongst others).

Dates... well I am open to pretty much anything in July, June is a absolute no-no as I (anticipate if I can get The Honey Badger 3 and/or Kaizen working) be going to Guildford, Herne Bay and Grantham over the 3 out of the 4 weekends plus I have another commitment in the only weekend in June that doesn't involve fighting robots. If I could get an indication of when would be preferable, I'd be happy to hear them.

I'll be bringing the Antweight arena again (hopefully with a bit more work done to it so it doesn't look half finished) along with the menagerie of robots that make up Team Kaizen so if you fancy coming along, why not?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Bad Wolf
    I’ll be there, hopefully with 3 Ants! Looking forward to it!

Bad Wolf

Count me In, with atleast 1 ant (maybe 2) and hopefully slightly more than 1/3 a feather.

And July works for me, but I might force you all to sing happy birthday (I won't).

Team Kaizen

Awesome, the more the merrier!

To expand on this, Bad Wolf and I have been working on getting a regular Antweight competition event together ourselves (and when funds and storage space permitting, Beetles) for the local region and we want to try and pilot the format we want to use for this at this social. I'll be putting up the 3 ants I have so it looks as if we'll have at least 6 or 7 for this already but of course, the more the merrier

We'll be releasing a signup form for this next week and I'll be getting in contact with the community centre in Hoole, Chester.

Just to note, just because this will be happening doesn't mean that only Antweight roboteers can come along. Like last time, any robooter is welcome to come along and have a chat and talk robots (or not!).

I might turn up with a couple of ants, assuming they survive AWS 55. Also assuming I manage to build them before then. :P

Team Kaizen

Hahaha, good point. I'll be going to AWS 55 as well so yeah, depends on how well they survive :P

Team Kaizen

Awesome, hope to see your efforts!

The signup form for this is now available here: http://teamkaizen.ocracoke.org.uk/botfest.php and closes on the 31st of May at 23:59. We are going to try and aim for the event to run on the 29th of July.

We've not quite ironed out where this is going be yet since the Community Centre appears not be open on a Sunday and have limited opening hours anyway. We are therefore likely to have this in the Church Cafe, where the last social was. As a reminder, it is here:

Venue
    InSpire Coffee Bar,
    The Spire,
    Breck Rd,
    Wallasey,
    Wirral,
    CH44 3BB
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 7th May 2018 at 20:55.

Bad Wolf
    I've signed up with 3 Bots

Bad Wolf

Register To Comment