Register To Comment

Thread: Featherweight Spur 2 For Sale

SPUR 2 IS NOW SOLD!

Too many feathers to sort and build and a move to deal with so selling Spur 2:

Originally built by ShakesC. Powered by two 'Dewut' gearmotor units using the silly powerful Dewalt motors Spur 2 is one hell of a ram bot.

Weight: ~13.1 kg (Just under weight limit on my scales)
    Drive: 2x dewuts, chain 4wd
    Armour: Hardox of varying thickness
    ESC: 2x TZ85's
    Battery: Turnigy 5S 4Ah (Very New)
    Receiver: OrangeRX
    Link: XT60

Known issues:
    - Runs hot so 5s for fun (With the lid with airholes) 4s for reliability or long melees.
    - Dewuts like to slip out of gear, easily fixed by securing the gear changer from rotating. Currently out of gear. This is simply the plastic housing in the middle of the gear box needing rotating to the right position and maybe some light poking of the amount of compression from the 2 ali blocks by adjusting the screws.
    - One wheel has sheared off of its sprocket, actually still works as the bolts are acting as short pins. But would need the bolts removing and new ones replacing. This may be an easy back them out or they may be lodged in, haven't properly poked at it.

Spur 2 is a good robust rambot that would be good for someone who doesn't mind a small bit of tinkering. Comes with a spare motor and lid without air holes in.

PM me offers (Do not PM me asking for a price as my reply will only be a screenshot of this sentence).

Thanks,
    Alex

EDIT: Forgot to add, the name does not go with the robot as it is still in use, you will have to rename it. And all maintenance and work becomes solely the new owners responsibility.
    Last edited by Shakey; 10th December 2017 at 22:11.

Bumpity Bump, Yes I am the kind of person who posts a sale thread forgetting he is buggering off for a week. but I'm back now.

Register To Comment