Register To Comment

Thread: Scottie Builds ants sometimes

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Scott Nugent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there fellow ant enthusiasts! Today I finished building an ant weight robot for the bristol university beees robotwars (Which I may not even enter HA!) and i thought, hang on just a second, I have built several antweight robots and haven't really discussed them with anyone, let alone show them. So i figured, well I have access to a forum with a bunch of great peeps who build robots, so why not post about them here. I figure my first antweight post should be about what I will bring to bristol uni robot wars.

Introducing Brutal barbera *cough* SPINNEERRR

IMG_20171116_181940.jpg
    This robot uses:
    N20 600rpm gear motors
    180mah 7.4V battery
    2700KV DYS BLDC motor
    titanium blade

The armor is based on 3d printed nylon chassis with 1mm titanium plate reinforcement. It also has an abs top and 3d printed pla wheels with silicon tyres. those blue arms are 3d printed pla.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Simon Hallows
    Robots
    Proof of concept - done Beetle "Evil K'Weevil" in detailed design phase Feather concepts next
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sounds great. Should be a tough little sod for an ant, with that extra armour.
    What are you using for drive ESC's - I guess a Sabretooth or anything with a heat shield is too heavy?

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Scott Nugent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I would'nt be able to fit a sabretooth in that bot. I am using a Dasmikro dual motor driver right now. In the future I intend to make my own.

Register To Comment