Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Certification of Full Pressure Ram

JeremyCuss
    The rules say,

"Custom made components, or parts operating above the suppliers maximum working pressure, must beindependently tested and certified at 120% of the maximum system pressure available at that point."

Please can someone tell me of a person/organisation who can provide this service. I have a full CO2 pressure ram that needs certifying. I also need to know the pressure to which it needs testing. As I will have a 1000psig bursting disc, this would seem to be a sensible test pressure. It is also about 120% of the likely maximum system pressure. I am happy to be guided by others.

Is it the steel 100*140 you got a few years back?

JeremyCuss
    Wow! You've got a good memory. It was made for me by Mario deJongh about 10 years ago.

That ram was build to cope with 105 bar/4500psi hydraulic, static pressure.
    Last edited by maddox10; 25th August 2017 at 20:08.

JeremyCuss
    Thanks for that information. I guess that I need a piece of paper to say that. I really don't know what proof is required of me by those inspecting my robot.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyCuss View Post
    Wow! You've got a good memory. It was made for me by Mario deJongh about 10 years ago.
    You're talking to Mario (maddox) As for certification, I don't know if anybody certifies custom components....for sure it will be difficult to find someone who would risk testing an unknown component and giving it a certificate unless they are really confident the component is well made etc...

JeremyCuss
    I guessed that it must be Mario. No-one else would know the dimensions of my ram. There must be other roboteers running full-pressure rams. Perhaps they could tell me whether they had any problems or need for certification.

My certification capability evaporated with the change of job earlier this year.

HPAC (http://hpac-armourlite.co.uk) might be able to help you with pressure certifications. They're running a little slow at the moment because Trev's in hospital, but they've certified some of my old pressure components to 300 bar before.

JeremyCuss
    Thank you Robert. That is an excellent solution to my problem. I have rung them. They will test it next week and can do it while I wait. They will provide a certificate. What is more they only charge £40 and obviously have done quite a few rams for Robot Wars in the past!

Register To Comment