Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heavyweight cluster bots at live events

The minimum weight for any part of a robot to enter the arena with heavyweights is i think 60kg.

Eric had to ballast up in order to get to the minimum weight when it first fought

Team Kaizen

Isn't the minimum weight limit 55kg + though? It is a bit academic but the maximum weight limit for a Middleweight is 55kg so anything more than that is a Heavyweight surely? Guess the EO would have the final say on that.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Technically it is 55kg, however in practice it whatever the EO says is correct for their arena.

They could say the minimum weight is 100kg for example. I said 60kg as thats the weight i remember being mentioned the last time this situation happened a few years ago. Some EOs may let you run feathers, others may be more strict.

Message the EO and ask.

I don't think there would be Problem in Johns arena as the roof is polycarbonate.
    Generally event organisers are interested safety. Your robots will stay in the arena there should be no problem except the robot might get hammered!!!!

The weight of the "cluster" parts isn't important for the rules, it's the total weight of the machine.

I myself would be very weary of Gravity 3 flipping Valkirie3 into the arenawall...

Register To Comment