Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beetleweight Brawl 2018 (unofficial thread)

Hi All!

Got my confirmation that i shall be participating in the Brawl in Bristol (not quite the thriller in manila but hey!) which is super exciting and i cant wait! My entry Batteries Not Included is almost done really, just need to tweak a few things. One of those tweaks is an LED for the on switch. I know i need to put in a fuse before the LED but im unsure what to get, any help?

On a side note, the shell of my robot is covered in stickers so if any teams/company's out there want to donate to the cause and get some free advertising either PM me and ill give you an address to send to or bring them on the day!

Looking forward to getting stuck in!

Theres 3 main ways of doing it.

Put a fuse in the line, put a blade fuse and holder in the line, or use fuse wire on the link connector.

Oh btw - "LED for the on switch" - remember it needs to be a removable link due to safety

Edit: Oh btw, any pictures?
    Last edited by Garfie489; 15th November 2017 at 21:14.

I was thinking about how to add a light easily. I came across this if your power is 12V or under it would work out the box. I have seen light strips on EBay too that claim to have built in resistors.
    white-led-light-bar-smd.jpg

Team Kaizen

TBH, the robotshop LED would be enough though do make sure it is contrast to the background panel if it isn't bright enough. For ease of maintenance, I put in a blade fuse with holder into my Featherweight and that does the job fine. It'll be the sort of thing I'll use in Shu! when I am there... need to get it built first. :P
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 15th November 2017 at 22:35.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Quote Originally Posted by Deathly Hallows View Post
    I was thinking about how to add a light easily. I came across this if your power is 12V or under it would work out the box. I have seen light strips on EBay too that claim to have built in resistors.
    white-led-light-bar-smd.jpg

Just to confirm my limited Electronics knowledge ( it was a while ago ok ) if you ran two of those LED strips in parallel it would require 24v to power it or am I mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxamuslead View Post
    Just to confirm my limited Electronics knowledge ( it was a while ago ok ) if you ran two of those LED strips in parallel it would require 24v to power it or am I mistaken.
    You have parallel and series the wrong way.

2 in series wants 24v (where the negative of one is wired to the positive of the next). 2 in parallel will want 12v.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    You have parallel and series the wrong way.

2 in series wants 24v (where the negative of one is wired to the positive of the next). 2 in parallel will want 12v.
    Great might get two of those LED strips + some more wheels for my feather

Put a fuse in the line, put a blade fuse and holder in the line, or use fuse wire on the link connector.

Oh btw - "LED for the on switch" - remember it needs to be a removable link due to safety

Edit: Oh btw, any pictures?
    Actually, it does have a fuse as a removable link which is a good point! And that happens to be a blade fuse. I like the idea of the LD Strip though, would be pretty cool!

Will probs tidy it up a bit as all things arent in there final positions but ill post a pic or two sometime.

Thank you for the responses!

I got drawn up against Kamikaze in group D, found a vid of it at last years Brawl and it looks fearsome!

Hey all, having some problems with my brushless motors and need some help. I've bought some turnigy brushless motors and ive hooked them up to a brushless esc (obviously) but the motor just makes a beeping sound at me. Any ideas?

Team Kaizen

What sort of motors and ESCs are we talking about here?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Register To Comment