Register To Comment
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Deathly Hallows - Beetle - Evil K'Weevil

Team Kaizen

Looks neat, well done! When do you think it'll début at a event?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

As I live in Scotland, my events will be restricted. I am too late for Manchester, I am assuming so am entering Robots Live Grantham and Stevenage, also a Featherweight I have a concept and design for called Alligrator. Not yet applied for Extreme Robots Gloucester and Kinematics Marlow if it is the EU event.

Most events are Featherweight and the Beetle is a side event I assume. Any other events you'd recommend?

Team Kaizen

As I live in Scotland, my events will be restricted. I am too late for Manchester, I am assuming so am entering Robots Live Grantham and Stevenage, also a Featherweight I have a concept and design for called Alligrator.
    Applications stay open as I understand it rather than a defined cutoff period before the event (though for safety's sake, I'd recommend signing up at a minimum of 3 weeks before the event). I was able to signup for EXR Glocuester 2017 at about that time and still received the EO e-mail about it so I wouldn't say that you were too late for RL Grantham or Stevenage.

Not yet applied for [...] Kinematics Marlow if it is the EU event. Most events are Featherweight and the Beetle is a side event I assume. Any other events you'd recommend?
    June is when the applications open for the EU championship so I would keep an eye out for that (something I fully intend to apply for). UWE occasionally hold Beetle Brawl events so there is that as well. Beetleweight events do tend to be side events - they were at RL Grantham 2017 as I recall and RL Burgess Hill runs one as well.

I applied to RL already last week, but got no confirmation emails or acknowledgements.

Team Kaizen

Standard practice - you typically don't hear from them until about 2 or 3 weeks before the event itself, I wouldn't fret too much just yet

I had a really good evening.

Finished the weapon motor and very pleased with the result. Not so simple as I had I template so it was a careful process to cut and file the profile down.

Swapped out the old motor and now it is a monster!

Looks really good Simon and so different- looks like it will do the Damage
    and the business -I'm interested in the name Evil k Weevil
    any link to the original Evil Weevil from Robot Wars?

No deliberate reference, perhaps subconscious.
    Just thought about something boring into an object, like a weevil beetle doing lots of damage and then came up with the Evel Knievel play on words. Seemed appropriate.

Is it fitted with anti-gravity plates?

No - but if it ever tried to jump the grand canyon it's wearing a flared white jump suit and cape!
    81VpMcvd81L._RI_SX200_.jpg

Register To Comment