Register To Comment

Thread: CAD help

Get Autodesk Fusion 360, its free for non-commercial use, all cloud based and will cover everything you need to do.

I start by modeling a few of the main components (wheels, motors, rams, cylinders etc) then do a rough bulkhead/baseplate/chassis (depending on your style of build) then just start adding the main bits in. You'll find you wil then do the other parts as and when you need them.

OnShape may be worth a look too. Also cloud based, and free for none commercial use. I am definitely no expert, but first impressions are good. I will check out the Autodesk option too. What would help me is a huge library of pre-modelled parts. There are plenty on OnShape as part of the model insists that free users make there models available to public in their database.

Yes - every drawing created with a free license is added to public library. If its an assembly then you can open the drawing and copy the part or sub-assembly.
    2017-11-10 (1).png2017-11-10.png
    I have watched the first couple of tutorials but need to invest some time in learning how to use it properly.

Register To Comment