Register To Comment
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen - Kaizen

I would take overvolted scooters over e30-400s cheaper and less burny

Team Kaizen

Interesting, did not know they were prone to burning up. I did briefly consider fitting one to the axe but it would overrun the main section of the robot if I did that without a bevel gear.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Have been very impressed at how this build log has gone. Nice work!

Triceratop
    Hi Michael,
    Good luck at Chatham.

Team Kaizen

Thanks Eoin and Cliff! Hopefully it'll come back in one piece. :S

Spent a bit of time rewiring the robot today so it is neater in there, important as space is at a premium in here.The 8S battery set takes up a lot of room, as does the Cytron ESC. Still, I hope to have it running soon to get some practice in driving it.

Haha, oh boy....
    Have you seen the lineup, looks gruesome to say the least

Kaizen does look really solid though, plus will probably absorb many hits, good luck!

Team Kaizen

I've not seen any pictures of the competition so a complete shot in the dark. XD I expect Kaizen to come out with some battlescars.

Stay tuned.... you’ll see what the playing field’s like. In fairness, we’ve got a fantastic blend of different classes to really show off middleweights as a whole, couldn’t be prouder to see them all

Team Kaizen

Well here we are, 31.2kg of Kaizen 1.0. The good news is that it moves fine, even on a very uneven wooden floor. Bad news, the pinion gear for the axe has slipped off again so I'll get that reseated back on the shaft and then I might actually have a weapon for Chatham. :P I'd say ~10mph which isn't fast but the small wheels mean it does at least get up to speed quite quickly.

Team Kaizen

So Kaizen is ready as it will ever be. At the last minute, I fitted a 10mm thick polycarbonate wedge plate, primarily to square off the the side armour panels but also to deflect the ubiquitous spinners in the event. Held in with M8 bolts (of course) so should handle a fair bit of punishment in theory. The rear I've left as is but I'll bring a panel of HDPE just in case.

Only trouble is, on the uneven dining room floor, I may have set the wedge too low so it might catch on the arena floor. I'll find out during the event I suppose (Dremel at the ready :P). I've also added some extra weight/reinforcement to the axe arm but after Chatham, I am likely to rebuild the axe completely.

middleweight-1-01.jpg

Register To Comment