Register To Comment
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen - Kaizen

Team Kaizen

Plenty happening with Kaizen at the moment as the championship looms ever closer (15 days!). The side panel armament is coming along and I've exhausted my local DIY store of their M6x50mm bolts in the process :P I also did a test assembly today and seems to be OK.

DSCF6629.JPG

Weighs 26kg at the moment, the batteries will add another 1.5kg or so and with the long side HDPE panels and bolts to go, we should be over the 30kg limit no issues though still light for this. The last things needed are:

• Finish the side armour
    • Add a bump stop
    • Add a locking pin mechanism to the axe
    • Mount the LEDs/Removable links
    • Install batteries and tidy wires
    • Paint box section
    • Test drive
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 6th September 2018 at 00:51.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

Well it has been a bit of a trial with this one but finally, the major assembly is completed It needs a bit more bracing on it and work doing to the axe to make it more potent but here is Kaizen as it will enter the Middleweight event in Chatham.

DSCF6652.JPG

The last little niggles on it, apart from the above, is getting the batteries wired in (the charging lead for them is a no-show at the moment), getting the LEDs visible on the panel and screwing down the removable links but otherwise, it is done for now. I am sure after Chatham I'll have more to do on it but... squeee!!

When the batteries are charged and such, I'll be able to report on a test drive. Should be here this Wednesday.

That is some number of bolts, sir...

I'm liking the general shape though, are you putting something on those forward edges to make mini wedges? Can't wait to see the drive video!

Team Kaizen

I think it is north of 120 bolts when fully bolted up. There are more to go. Probably has more armour in bolts than actual armour.

The wedge outline might get something before Chatham but at this point I doubt it. By EXR Maidstone it might have something extra, still need to weigh it but probably mid 30s. Should be a good test drive.

120!? I've got this image of prepping for a fight, 'I'll just nip these bolts up' …

You've come in well under weight then? That's a bonus for future development at least.

what weight class is this for ?

Team Kaizen

The Middleweight class. I think it meets the minimum for that now. This is why I didn't enter the Featherweight championships this year.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 10th September 2018 at 11:32.

Hmm just let you know john the mad man is meant to be working on a lighter shell for cyclone. I would be very worried about using 775s Vs 800w scooters overvolted to 12s or Bosch 750d

Team Kaizen

Yeah, I did hear that someone was entering a robot called "Cyclone 360" but didn't know who. The 775s are not ideal and weren't intended for Kaizen, more just needing something that works. Now that I have a bit of confidence in building a gearbox, if I wanted to stick with brushed motors, I have a chance of being able to build a drive gearbox from a pair of E30-400s for example.

Register To Comment