Register To Comment
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen - Kaizen

Just seent he video of F7 at manchester, cor they legged it out with that bot in the end didnt they! need to have a wheeled trolley next to stage to wheel them out lol *takes H&S hat off*

Team Kaizen

hahahaha, it is "only" 44Kg I think - I don't recall seeing it being lifted on and off the pen though. I definitely saw it on a wheeled platform of some description at Guildford, will need to remember to get one of those.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 13th June 2018 at 17:55.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

So here is the bad news - Kaizen is very likely not going to Grantham. The wheel issues and the lack of time owing to real world stuff means that I can't dedicate enough time to getting it battle ready. I am dedicated to getting the whole thing finished in time for EXR Chatham though.

The good news is that the wheel hubs have been adapted and fitted, just needs threadlocking in all the right places and then I can finally test it. Front polycarbonate panels are mounted and all of the steel roofing brackets are mounted. Just need to not sleep now for the next 10 weeks to get it done now :P

That's a pity -I was looking forward to seeing or even fighting
    a new heavyweight at events.

Team Kaizen

I am fairly sure there is another new HW at Grantham as well. If I can get Kaizen moving by tomorrow evening, then maybe, just maybe... it definitely won't have a weapon though.

Well I certainly look forward to seeing Kaizen fighting, but don't feel like rushing to get the bot ready ASAP if it'll half kill you to do it and result in a fragile bot. There are some pretty powerful MW's already in the UK; it would be a shame for the bot to be destroyed before it was truly finished! It's up to you at the end of the day, but if there is going to be a middleweight tournament later in the year, it may be worth focusing on being as ready as can be for the premier event over all other shows.

Team Kaizen

This is the point I keep on debating with myself. Technically, I can get it mobile before Grantham and given it is Team Kaizen's anniversary, I want to celebrate it in style. I do have a backup just in case but this has been a long time coming and whilst it would definitely not have an offensive capacity beyond pushing power, it is solid at least.

Team Kaizen

So Kaizen never made it to Grantham, it just wasn't ready in time. The wheels continue to be a problem, I got some M12 plates to mount the wheels to, drilled out the bolt holes to M8 and they are fine but, perhaps a little naively, the threadlock on the motorshaft just isn't enough, it tore a wheel off.

I have a last roll of the dice, I have some different M12 hubs, I'll see about drilling a bolt through the threaded sections of the hubs and the motor shaft to try and lock these in place but I don't think I have the facilities to do that with, certainly not the upper body strength to do so. If I can't get them done, I really don't know what to do next.

Triceratop
    Hi Michael, can you wait until you get to Leeds (Robodojo event - if you are going that is?), or perhaps post a photo or two of the problem. I maybe able to help.. mechanical engineering is my field.
    Regards

Team Kaizen

Since my last post, I've found that I can drill the flange relatively easily but fouled up on the motor shaft.

DSCF6534.JPG
    DSCF6533.JPG

Initially, my idea was to use the flange fitting as a wheel hub and have a M5 locking pin running through the shaft to secure it. However, in the second photo, you can see that the hole is very close to the end.

After speaking with Alex from the Cracker 'n' Smash team on this one, whilst that hole won't break as I feared, the issue is that my flange is on the wrong way around and the holes I've drilled to put the pin through are too far up the shaft when fitted the other way around so I don't see the motor shaft through the hole in the flange. a couple of recommendations came in the form of taperlock bushes or use a shaft support for linear guide rails (https://www.gearsandsprockets.co.uk/...ails-12mm.html).

Register To Comment