Register To Comment
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen - Kaizen

Team Kaizen

I may have singed a fingertip in doing this but I've finally got wheels on Kaizen. Wherever they'll stay on is another matter but I'll take what I can get at the moment. Need some bike tyre to allow them to reach the ground miind.

Got the measurements ready for the outer shell so Grantham here we come
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

I had the wheels on...

...and now I don't. I've ordered some M12 threaded plate and will do what I should have done in the first place and bolted the wheels to that and then threadlock the plate onto the motorshaft. However, despite this, it is running so next tasks are to:

• Get the shell and strengthing bars added in
    • Affix the wheels properly
    • Secure the electronics down
    • Find a steel strip for the front panels

If I get all of that done, I might have it going by RL Grantham.

Team Kaizen

I can now cross off that top item on that list. Its taken 20x steel roofing brackets, 5x M10 threaded bar (which need adjusting) and 76x M6 bolts(!!!) but the main bulk of the robot is now done.

DSCF6513.JPG

I need to get it on the scales but I think this now tops 30kg. Next job is adjusting the threaded bar holes and adding on the polycarbonate panels to the robot (along with the wheels of course).

Looking good.

That's a lot of bolts. Think that may be where I gained an unplanned half kg in my build. At least in your case the only problem is a sore fore arm from tightening them all, and no weight worries.

Are you getting clear or coloured polycarbonate for the shell?

Team Kaizen

That's a lot of bolts. Think that may be where I gained an unplanned half kg in my build. At least in your case the only problem is a sore fore arm from tightening them all, and no weight worries.
    hahaha, thanks. The next time I see Magnetar, I'll count the number of exposed bolt heads that has, that is what Kaizen reminds me of. The bracket bolts are only finger tight at the moment as to to allow for the adjustment for the panels today or tomorrow.

Are you getting clear or coloured polycarbonate for the shell
    Clear though I'll likely add some coloured lights to the inside for decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathly Hallows View Post
    Looking good.

Are you getting clear or coloured polycarbonate for the shell?
    Fixings can easily kill the estimated weight budget if you don't account for them, especially on a feather. On my last one I estimated 1kg for fixings and after adding it all up I was withing about 20% of that.

Great to see Kaizen coming together now, still on track for a debut at Grantham?

Team Kaizen

Fixings can easily kill the estimated weight budget if you don't account for them, especially on a feather.
    Indeed so but even with this being a Middle/Heavy, I need to weigh Kaizen now before carrying on. I took the chance to weigh the brackets and threaded bar before they were installed and it came to something like 6.6kg, so I can only infer that Kaizen is now in the mid 30's, which means it is within the MW category.

Great to see Kaizen coming together now, still on track for a debut at Grantham?
    I want to say yes and so long as I can get these wheel hubs drilled and fitted (I've never drilled stainless steel before, any hints?), you should see the lumbering mass that is Kaizen make an appearance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    Indeed so but even with this being a Middle/Heavy, I need to weigh Kaizen now before carrying on. I took the chance to weigh the brackets and threaded bar before they were installed and it came to something like 6.6kg, so I can only infer that Kaizen is now in the mid 30's, which means it is within the MW category.

I want to say yes and so long as I can get these wheel hubs drilled and fitted (I've never drilled stainless steel before, any hints?), you should see the lumbering mass that is Kaizen make an appearance
    can't wait too see, but not to put a downer on your parade but it might be worth after weighing it contacting Robots Live! and double check if they are happy running a middleweight as if not else is bring one they might stick you in with the heavies and with you weighting Half a heavyweight they could throw you a too high.

Team Kaizen

F7 went in with the heavies at Burgess Hill and I think after that, they'll not run a MW with a HW that has a high pressure flipper. I know what you mean though and I am prepared for that fact if it comes to it. Running at Grantham is a "nice to do" at this stage.

Register To Comment