Register To Comment
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Team Kaizen - Kaizen

Team Kaizen

I must confess, I have never welded before but yes, it would be useful.

I've ordered the 2 new drive motors to make a set of 4 but they are significantly bigger than the original 775s so the entire bodywork needs rebuilding. This is a bit of a shame as the current body is actually in good condition. If I change the box section steel for some square aluminium tubing, rework the side armour and get a new ESC to replace the one that Kaizen has, then it could easily become a Featherweight.

With this one, because of the new height required, I'll likely change the dimensions so that it is a 500mm square sheet in the inner body and use 100mmx50mm rectangular box section lengths to make the inner side armour with. That makes the position of the drive motor's positions in the robot more square so less strain on steering and will only be longer in length because of the side armour.

I'll need to work out how to mount the side panels, which I want angled at 45 degrees this time, with the current skills I have.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

The build diary for Kaizen (now known as Jibril) can be found under a combined build diary for Team Kaizen: http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...en-build-diary
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Register To Comment