Register To Comment
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen - Kaizen

500w?? They could be useful for an upcoming project, do you have any links? Thanks

Team Kaizen

Afraid not, the ebay seller I got them from has sold out of the 500w variant with the planetary gearbox attached. They do have the 800w variant without the gearbox though (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182930167416) and one example of the 800w with the gearbox attached.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Looks Cool. What weapon you planning ?

Also THIS little tool could be useful to you

Team Kaizen

Many thanks for the link, that will come in handy.

What weapon you planning ?
    I've kind of settled on a particular weapon but in order for it to work, I need to find a suitably beefy motor. I think it'll have something similar to Shu! but perhaps a little bit more... deadly. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    , I need to find a suitably beefy motor. I think it'll have something similar to Shu! but perhaps a little bit more... deadly. :P

Would a ampflow be something something to look at as the E30-400 is a 2.1 HP motor at 24v, light at 2.7 kg and pretty cheap at £110.32 after vat off Rapid

EDIT:
    The little e30-150 is 1hp at 24v kilo lighter and under £75 from Rapid.

LINKs
    E30-400

E30-150
    Last edited by Maxamuslead; 20th March 2018 at 10:33.

Team Kaizen

Very tasty. I need to see what space is available after the robot is moving and shell is mocked up but the E30-400 definitely does look good.

Team Kaizen

Its alive!

Definitely needs a pair of wheels now (which I've been talking with katch about) and then a framework + shell mocked up. At this point, I am thinking of simply using the chunky Nylon 6 bars from a previous photo and then using thick 20mm HDPE over the majority of the bodywork with a folded steel front (likely Hardox) but this is still all up in the air.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 22nd March 2018 at 16:37.

I love how beefy those motors look B)

You keeping the sprockets for a chain drive?

Team Kaizen

That wasn't part of the plan - the sprockets should be coming off as the motors already have planetary gearboxes attached (though the gear ratio on them is v. low, something in the region of 5:1 I think). That being said, if it needs to go to a chain drive, the option is there so it is not a big deal at the moment.

Always nice to have options, although I dread to think what a chain breaker at that size is like to use, I've personally never done bigger than 1/4"... and that was bad enough... what sort of rpm do those bad boys throw out, be interesting to see what kind of speed you'll be looking at.

Register To Comment