Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UWE Beetle Brawl - 10th February 2018

UWE Beetle Brawl
    Event Timing: Saturday 10th February 2018
    Event Location: UWE Bristol, Students Union Building, BS16 1QY
    Expected Times: 9am Arrival for a 10am start. Tournament may go on until 5pm.

Exact details to be confirmed a week before the event once entries close.
    Please note all Beetleweights must be FRA compliant and conform to current Beetleweight rules.
    The FRA rules can be found here - http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/cont...s-and-safety_1

University competitors - Contact Simon Szarko or the Robosoc if you require more information
    External competitors - Contact "Garfie489" on the Fighting Robot Association forums if you require more information

Just as an update, we now have more than 40 applications for this event and are limited to 50.

If you wish to attend, and currently unsure which robot you intend to use - please apply now and we can correct it later.

This will be first come, first served. Once we hit 50 we will start seeing if we can start cutting out 2nd entries (Beetle events usually allow 2 robots per driver), however beyond that the applications will then close. Thus in order to avoid disappointment, can i suggest anyone intending to compete please sign up immediately.

Due to high demand applications will be closing on the 11th November.

Teams will receive an email by the 15th confirming their status within the competition.

Currently the competition is full, however we are looking into ways to try and accommodate more. Thus if you intend to compete id recommend signing up immediately in order to be at the front of the que. Currently over 50 robots are signed up, and thus this is why we need to close applications on the 11th.

Gareth - I put in an entry in case any slots open up.

Yeh thats fine, however theres currently 16 reserves (though because you only have the one robot youd be in the top 10 on priority order) - thus i have no idea if your likely to get on or not.

There are side competitions if your interested in just coming along to watch and then just having some fun, but with regards to the main competition id probably have to let you know closer to the time.

No worries, I'll prob just come anyway in that case. What kind of side competitions are there?

Atm the confirmed ones are Gladiator, Nuts, and Tag Team

Its just over a month to go till the UWE Beetle Brawl. So just want to give out a notification that tomorrow (Wednesday 10th) we will be sending out the General Information email for all Roboteers.

If you havnt got it by tomorrow evening let me know. We have alot of newcomers for this event so i apologise if much of the information is trivial.

One thing we would like is if people can send a clean photo of their competitor in either its current, finished, or designed state. UWE are planning a few nice things to happen over the day and thus itd be appreciated if we could give them as much to work with as possible. You can send photos here, or reply to the email once it comes out.

Also if anyones coming along and would like to display a heavyweight let us know - theres room to do an exhibition near the entrance to the venue.

Team Kaizen

Is there a deadline for these photos at all? Any particular size needed?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Nope, just more a polite request so when the University starts looking into something like Live streams ect ive got something to give them they can use if they so want to.

Might end up getting used for nothing, however its probably best to make it a possibility

Register To Comment