Register To Comment

Thread: Dual motor drum spinner

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have some electric skateboard parts floating around so I was looking at practicing spinners with a Beetleweight.

I have a design for a dual motor drum spinner running off one ESC and battery but I am not sure which motors to use. Please can someone point me in the right direction?

From a size point of view Brushless outriggers would be ideal, but I'm not sure on powering two brushless from the same ESC.

Does anyone know a compact brushed motor with no bias on spin direction? I already have a Dual Quicrun esc for brushed motors so I think that is my preferred option. I found this one at 12V but with a 12v battery it might be a bit heavy: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/8814484/

if I go brushless can anyone recommend a light motor that comes in both CW and CCW? Am I right that I would need separate ESCs for them though?

My belt drive has a 3:1 reduction and 8mm shafts so I was looking at about 3-4000 rpm to get a 1500RPM drum. All the brushed RC car motors I found are much faster than that and RS only has them at 24V. Voltage... I suppose 7.2V to keep weight down?

Oh and cheap, it would be nice if it was cheap.

Ta,
    Steve
    Last edited by lowndsy; 13th October 2017 at 08:59.

Register To Comment