Register To Comment
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 4WD Front Hinge Flipper - Featherweight

This is looking really good!

Ok - time for another update as I am trying to keep this monthly!

Not too much progress to report on - unfortunately I didn't work on Strix at all for about 2 weeks at the start of the month due to personal circumstances. However I'm back on track now!

The rear panels are almost finished - need to cut out a hole for the link and also get some bolts of the correct length for the top. Strix is fully soldered up, the electronics are all mounted.
    Also thinking I will need some sort of locking bar for the pits. Will probably just have a chunky steel plate with two bolts that go through the lid, with the plate hanging over the flipper.

So Strix is like 90% complete. Hopefully the next update will be a working flipper!

Anyway, enough blabber - here is some photos:

IMG_4465[1].jpg IMG_4464[1].jpg

Also I finally discovered the render button in my CAD software. Kinda makes me want to get better at CAD - here is Strix with full paint-job:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/159759...posted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/159759...posted-public/
    Last edited by dotDominic; 26th July 2018 at 10:06.

you applied for insomnia with it ?

Mark

Yeah I applied to insomnia, with the first render image - fingers crossed! Did you apply too?
    Last edited by dotDominic; 26th July 2018 at 10:38.

yes, cannot make the Friday but just got to make the two stage work and a new weapon mount and a new Base plate

That's awesome, man! Good luck and hope to see you there!

just hoping not to get trashed as going to both events in SeptemberXD

Quote Originally Posted by James Williams View Post
    I wouldn't be worried about getting trashed too much since it's a longer event & a knockout competition. If you get beat up so badly you can't continue the competition, with the free time & the other eliminated roboteers sitting around, you probably could get it up & running again by the time the tournament's over (unless you're super unlucky & get trashed in the rumble).

Strix is looking good! Would be nice to see it get picked. There weren't that many flippers at the last Insomnia.

yeah i know just a pain in the ass to get running again for september XD

Register To Comment