Register To Comment
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BOB FW Series

Well my robot may have not worked so well but I still had a nice time. Just need to work on the next one now.

Before

After

This is the fight where it happened.

The components should still work, just need to try and fix the problem on this one and start on the next one.

Team Kaizen

Had a look over the melees I could see your robot in, was it struggling with battery power? Seemed to struggle turning?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

Hmm. could be that the wheels are too grippy (thinking of Razer and S.M.I.D.S.Y here where they had different types of wheels on the back and on the front for a better turn)?

They might have not had the torque to turn the mass of bot with wide wheel base. You can try uping the voltage to 6s which would improve performance by how much not sure but this may be the quickest "fix" but the best idea would be to make a smaller tougher bot, AL's Plastic Fantastic is a good place to look ( it was also at manchester)

Team Kaizen

Hmm.... re-reading the thread again, did you use the same battery as the one you were having trouble with (https://www.componentshop.co.uk/14-8...o-battery.html)? 14.8v from a 4S1P LiPo should be plenty, The Honey Badger ran on 13.2v batteries(2x 2S1P LiFe batteries in series) for all but the last fight and weighed 12kg.

The videos I have definitely show it spurting into life briefly and then slowing down, even in a straight line. Could be a slippery floor then.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 24th April 2018 at 17:35.

If it was a traction issue, it would be good to know what wheels were you using and were they new at the start of the event? I definitely noticed grip getting better as the crown wore off my new tires and they got more rubber in contact with the arena. Did you have the same problem all weekend or did it improve/worsen as things went on?

These are the wheels I'm using, they're new when I used them.
    http://www.banebots.com/product/T81P-495BA.html
    From looking at the fights again it seem to have got worse in each fight. When I had it weighted it was 13.9KG and that's without the linear actuator in it. At the end of the 2nd fight I drilled a lot of holes in it to help its weight and made some lines the wheels to help with the grip.

Tbh bane bots wheels are generally fine for traction as I used bane bots orange one and when it was on a flat floor blacksmith shifted great. I still think that it is the wheel base size which cussed the problems. How large a wheel base is PF Al ?

Those wheels look fine, I certainly wouldn't have thought it was lack of traction.

Were you still running the 30A controllers per 2 motors? I can't quite tell from the pictures. Maybe its some weird combination of those not allowing the motors to get enough juice, grippy tires and the wide/long wheelbase? I would still be surprised though, I would have though 4 drill motors at 4S would have shifted that along just fine.

How large a wheel base is PF Al ?
    For reference its about 27cm w * 22cm long on the wheel centres

Register To Comment