Register To Comment

Thread: RC mixing

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    PAUL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I'm new to RC equipment but I'm building a project. Basically I have 3 motors. 1 big forward/reverse drive motor. 2 smaller motors for steering. One controls the left wheel and one the right, but they are also mechanically connected through a differential.
    Can I make 1 stick of a transmitter power all 3 motors for forward. All 3 motors for reverse. Only the small 2 motors (in opposite directions) for left. Only the small 2 motors (in opposite directions) for right. So the big motor isn't active for turning

Status
    Name
    Nat
    Robots
    Short Circuit (HW RWs6) DELLapidated bANTtery (AW) LowMoe (AW) Several unnamed ants
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to think a bit of custom electronics would be needed, a nice little arduino reading in the pwm signal from each channel of receiver then manipulating the output pwm to suit...

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Euan Mutch
    Robots
    Triforce(HW) (in progress) A450S (ESC) (in progress)
    Post Thanks / Like
    We use an mbed to do our motor control which is basically a more powerful arduino. I think concussion does the same. Don't think you can get this working on rc controller mixing although there is quite a lot of options on the dx6i controllers that most of us use so it could be possible.

Status
    Name
    Ralf Schneider
    Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds possible, but an entry level computer-tx like a dx6 might not have enough mixing options for it. I would only recommend it if you know your tx very well (rc-plane background would help a lot). Providing support about more complex tx mixing via internet usually doesn´t work.

Register To Comment