Register To Comment

Thread: RC mixing

I would have to think a bit of custom electronics would be needed, a nice little arduino reading in the pwm signal from each channel of receiver then manipulating the output pwm to suit...

We use an mbed to do our motor control which is basically a more powerful arduino. I think concussion does the same. Don't think you can get this working on rc controller mixing although there is quite a lot of options on the dx6i controllers that most of us use so it could be possible.

Rather than starting a new thread I want to ask some basic questions about mixing.

I am currently using a Dual channel Sabertooth with built in mixing which is brilliant but more expensive than other options and if I build more bots I need to understand my options.
    I see various people talking about mixing on the controller to varying degrees of success.
    I also see some comments online about mixer units and some talking about v-tail like this or this or those Tramp mentions here

If I am right then this model may be exactly what is needed to solve the original question in the thread - here

Anyone have experience plug in mixers?
    Advantages disadvantages of in RC mixing vs in TX mixing

Thanks

Advantage of TX mixing: No need to buy a mixer. Just get a good TX and it will pretty much last you forever, on all your robots.
    Disadvantage of TX mixing: You have to keep changing models on the TX if you have different robots with different trims and mixes.

Advantage of plug-in mixing: Inverse of the TX's disadvantage. Plug and play, don't need to change stuff on the TX mixing-wise.
    Disadvantage of plug-in mixing: It's just another bit to buy, and another bit to go wrong. Case in point, Alex (owner of Bruiser) at this year's Insomnia was using a plug-in mixer. It stopped working properly halfway through the event, so I lent him my TX instead, that has inbuilt mixing.

My advice? Just get a decent TX with two mixes and memory for multiple models on it. Should be all you need.

Register To Comment