Register To Comment
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Team Kaizen - Shu!

Team Kaizen

@scott - Looking forwards to seeing you too!

@Albear - Awesome! You still sticking with Batteries not included or going for something more this time?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Heya! Will probebly stick with BNI as it did ok and i think with a bit more effort i can do better. Im also working on a beetleweight project with a friend from work

Team Kaizen

Fair enough, I'll be cooking up another Beetleweight over Christmas so hopefully in time for another Beetle Brawl

Team Kaizen

Shu! went to the European Beetleweight Championships. Plenty of neat looking machines there, I found myself in room A with Ascension and RPM on the same table as me (Gareth from Dystopia) along with Chops2it (I think that is the name) and Volta, a first timer who almost nearly didn't make it into the arena owing to a LED problem and a low voltage battery. Since Shu! didn't need that much doing to it, I helped get the soldering done on Volta to get it into the arena.

First match, I find myself in a 1v1 rather than a Melee. This turned out to be Attitude Adjuster, a robot I had been advising on here! Talk about a coincidence. The fight started off OK with the two of us jostling for position and then Attitude Adjuster rammed Shu! onto the wall, which forced the wheel hub into the side panel, locking it up. The axe on Attitude Adjuster wasn't working very well at the time so I think I got away lightly but decided to tap out.

That put me into the losers melee, against Inertia 2 and Ankle Biter II. Now, before the fight, I was half thinking I was going to retire this version of Shu! and build a new one. This fight forced that. Ankle Biter II (horizontal bar spinner) absolutely shattered Shu!.At one stage, I managed to get the lifting arm hooked onto Inertia 2 but couldn't capitalise on it as the motor on the lifting arm was a 67:1, not a 131:1 motor so it wasn't strong enough on the tip.

Shu! came out of the fight in a different shape. The electronics, bar an aerial being ripped off the receiver, were fine but the 3mm PVC shell was pretty much destroyed at the front. Now I know why PVC isn't used much... :P Spent an age with the team from Volta rebuilding the front end with electrical tape and melting the bigger pieces back together.

I also entered one of the whiteboard matches with Chops2it, Gutter Monkey, Ascension, Puns and Roses and Goodboi. I didn't do very well in this, ended up being pitted fairly quickly. I also entered the All Robot Rumble at the end, 22 robots in the arena I believe. Avoided being pitted but one of the wheels got torn off and the other had been jammed on so I wasn't going anywhere. Managed to work it loose and tried to flip Sir Lance-a-frog but again, a lack of torque meant I had no power to lift.

So in the end, Shu! still worked but was very, very, VERY broken. So that means a new shell and I need the Sabertooth for a new Beetleweight project. Shu! will be back, probably at the top of the new year, hopefully for another UWE Beetle Brawl!

Team Kaizen

The build diary for Shu! can be found under a combined build diary for Team Kaizen: http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...en-build-diary

Register To Comment