Register To Comment
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen - Shu!

Team Kaizen

The top and front panels are now painted along with a locking pin added for the arm. The lifting arm motor has been changed from a 67:1 motor to a 131:1 motor, which should mean a bit more oomph behind the lift. All it has to do now is not break during the UWE brawl... :P

DSCF5991.JPG

Not sure, after painting it, it looks like a Shubunkin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shubunkin)... but you'll know which robot you are looking at
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 8th January 2018 at 02:40.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

looking good! Love the theme! You should put google eyes on the side lol

Team Kaizen

hahahah, I have a swathe of googly eyes from The Honey Badger of different sizes. I'll be sure to fit some on.

The Sabretooth controller has developed a odd twitch in that when you turn the transmitter on, one of the drive motors twitches momentarily and then works normally. Rather than risk it through tech check at the brawl, I am going to replace the controller with different controller + mixer and see how it works afterwards. If I can get the Sabretooth working properly again, I'll recycle it into my antweight.

Team Kaizen

Well, here we are folks. If you count the build as starting from the 1st of November (which was when the original prototype was binned), it has been 72 days and with the panels now painted up and little details sorted, Shu! 1.0 is finished.

DSCF6018.JPG

The issue with the speed controller rumbles on but I can confirm it is not the speed controller. The new speed controllers and mixer arrived this morning and I wired them in this evening but the problem persisted, so this is more likely an issue with the motor itself or the wiring thereto. A bit more disassembly required but with a bit of luck, it shouldn't be an issue at UWE.

Team Kaizen

OK, I am dim, it was the auto calibrate setting causing the twitch. Turned it off and now seems to be behaving normally apart from all the controls being backwards!

Team Kaizen

A video of the final result, still with speed controller woes though :S

Shu! look great bro! im looking forward to seeing it in real life. As to that twitching thing, it could possibly be a calibration issue. it might be that your remote is just on the edge of the minimum ppm that your sabretooth is expecting for a move stimulus, this will intern give the motor a really low pwm, to low to exceed stall under a load.

Somethings you can try: are you able to change the trims on your pot? Do you have another remote that you can link your bot to and try to recreate the same effect?

Team Kaizen

I tried changing the trims and using the RC control from The Honey Badger which doesn't have this issue but the twitch persists. I've spoken to Garfie489 about this and he is OK with it so I guess I can live with it as is but that won't mean I won't try to get to the bottom of this.

With the time I've got left before the event, I think I'll be investing in making some alternate lifting arms to deal with the spinners (I have one idea in mind) and for the Nuts competition

If it is ok to use then the pressure is off! id be interested to measure some signals on your sabretooth with an oscilloscope.

As for antispinners i hope you make something like when complete control went against ghost raptor. im sure it will be allowed

Team Kaizen

As for antispinners i hope you make something like when complete control went against ghost raptor. im sure it will be allowed
    Hahaha! I will err on the side of caution on that one.

I've fitted a set of longer forks on the front and I've got a even longer set from building Osu cut out but in reality, this is it before the event, bar some battery packing and a couple of supporting screws at the front. Otherwise, it'll be scuttling around the kitchen floor with me giving it various loads to try out lifting.

Register To Comment