Hi all, thought I'd do a build diary for the spinner I'm building for Insomnia, Shrapnel, inspired by Big Ripto from the US:

I've been gathering parts for a while and the majority of the build started last week. I had aimed to have her driving by now but unfortunately various parts didn't arrive or were the wrong parts so that'll have to wait until the right parts arrive. However I did make a start on the chassis by tach welding the chassis ready to be properly welded this week:

And opening up the slightly undersized mounting holes on the disc:

I also made a start on the drive system by endtapping two silver steel shafts for the rear wheels, and drilling and tapping the wheels to fit the 3D printed nylon pulleys:

Also pressed bearings into the 25mm bore of the rear wheels and fitted the printed hubs to the thinner front wheels and keyed them to the assembled drive motors:

From here, once the remaining parts arrive and the welding is done it should be a matter of bolting everything in place and wiring it up, drive and weapons test videos by next week sometime ready to fight at Insomnia!